Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Will I Ever Learn?

Okay, so I'm a nice sister.

I agreed to do BigSis and Bro-in-Law a huge favor. I don't have to teach today which means I would have been able to sleep in until a more humane hour, but here's the rub-- they're moving out to Queens and are expecting some appliance deliveries today. Neither of them can be home, as they both have to be at work, so I agreed to go sit in their new apartment (which has no furniture or any conveniences!) to receive the deliveries. Last night on my way home (at about 9:30 pm) I stopped by at BigSis' current apartment and she gave me the keys, money for tips, etc. She also told me I had to be there at 8:30 am. That means that I woke up this morning at 6:30 am. Schisse!

Now, nevermind the fact that I had a 13 hour day yesterday running on 5 hours of sleep from Monday night; and nevermind the fact that I ate half a salad for lunch, and only followed that by feasting on microwave popcorn when I got him at 10:00 pm.

I also drank a bottle of wine. And then, dear readers, I drank another.

No, I didn't go out to Cheers. I drank the wine while hanging out with NDN in my living room and then (by myself) in bed, mostly conversing with Hammer (who is busy making life drama with one too many boys) and Bezoukhoff (who I'm sure has some strange ideas about me at this point), but I drank it.

It's now nearly 7:00 am and I'm still drunk.
AND I'm about to embark on an hour long journey.
AND I hate the subway and have to ride it.

And THAT is why I'll never learn.

This fucking sucks.

-h-

6 comments:

feitclub said...

Here's to hoping you get to sleep while waiting for the appliance deliveries.

Why do you hate the subway, by the way? I don't think I ever asked but I've been wondering about it. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Alcoholics Anonymous

Hyde said...

I was there this summer, Mr. Mystic. Not my scene.

-h

HistoryGeek said...

I'll e-mail you a resource...

Hyde said...

Thanks, Spins, but it's not necessary...

HistoryGeek said...

So I think your response was too late...disregard the e-mail if you aren't interested.