Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Pictures! (but they're kind of boring)


This is a picture I took on the bus when I was bored. It reminds me of NY.










I doubt anyone knows this much about NY, but I'll tell you this--I was on the M104. Can anyone figure out where this was taken? There will be a prize involved if you can.





This is a picture taken near my apartment with all of the cops outside (there, of course, for the UN General Assembly). Note the concrete blocks and metal barricades and the little police booth they set up for the occasion.

10 comments:

sunshine said...

is that Cheers? On the corner of the left hand side, with the black trim?

Hyde said...

Nope! No Cheers in the shot. But it's not far!

sunshine said...

is it your apartment building?

Charby said...

I can tell you where it was!

It was on the train thats where it was!

Do I win???????

Hyde said...

Sorry Charby... It's a bus. No above ground trains in Manhattan.

:(

Charby said...

SHIT.
it looked like the layout of an underground train. I guess I dont win afterall! And there's me thinking I was so clever!!!!!

HistoryGeek said...

I can't even guess...I was only in NY once and that was many, many moons ago.

feitclub said...

I do believe that's the NY Public Library/Bryant Park on the right, so that's 42nd between 5th and 6th?

Looks like you did get that digital camera. Yes please, MORE pictures of NYC. I miss it tremendously.

Hyde said...

Dan,

YOU WIN!!!!

I actually never got the camera. This is an old camera on advantix film. I just got the pics put onto a disc so I could post them. I'm flat broke right now and won't be getting that camera for quite some time. :( But if you miss NY, I'm in a picture taking mood these days, so I'll try to put up some more.

Now I have to think up a prize for you. Hmmm....

-h

feitclub said...

w00t! A winner is me!

Yes, paying money for the disk of photos is well worth it, although I love my new camera. It has increased my picture-taking tenfold.

I have some very definite ideas about a prize. ^_^