Saturday, September 17, 2005

Some Guys Have All the Nerve!

I just got an incredibly strange e-mail.

But for this to make sense, first you need some background context:

When I was a senior in college (Spring, 2000), Liu and another friend of mine, E-the-R, were dating. He and I had become pretty good friends the previous year. We hung out a lot and I confided a lot in him. That said, he is a strange guy. It's hard to explain, but he's kind of closed off and has major issues with women. (On New Year's Eve of that year, even though I was dating B at the time, he got drunk and grabbed my arm and told me I was a "slut" like "all women," if that gives you any idea of what I'm talking about. I'll leave it at that, but if VJ or Liu wants to elaborate in my comments section, they're welcome to.)

In May when we graduated, Liu moved to Colorado and E-the-R stayed here in the city. On the Fourth of July he came to a BBQ at my Aunt's house, to which I had also invited VJ. He and VJ ended up dating and by that fall, she was his "girlfriend." The only problem was that he hadn't completely ended his relationship with Liu. VJ didn't know about that though. Anyway, as they are both still my good friends, I don't want to go into the personal details of their lives or former relationships, but the point is this-- I was stuck in the middle, knowing this guy was involved with two of my friends, and it inevitably unfolded in such a way that VJ found out, got in a fight with him, and he blamed me and stopped talking to me. (How convenient, right?) For a while, VJ and I didn't really talk, and E-the-R and I were never friends again. (This all took place throughout the Fall of that year, so by the beginning of 2001 it was the last I had seen of him).

He and VJ stayed together for another few years, so of course I still heard things about him, but our friendship was completely over. He went on to be a major asshole to VJ throughout their relationship, so the more I heard, the less I felt bad about no longer being friends.

Finally, he and VJ broke up. (I think this was summer 2003?) Anyway, he had a book of hers and wanted to "return it" as an excuse to see her. She told him to leave it with my doorman. It just so happens that when I was on my way home that night, he was leaving my building having just dropped off the book. He is so fucking awkward. I smiled and was overly friendly and tried to start a conversation, but he just ran away as if he didn't hear me. He looked incredibly stressed out about it. I laughed that I made him that uncomfortable. So fucking immature!

I never saw him or spoke to him after that. He has since left the city and moved to Philadelphia for his MBA. Once this year he was in town and I was having a "girls night" with VJ. He wanted to meet up with her, so he kept saying, "Oh, and I would LOVE to see Hyde!" etc. (That was back in March. I posted about it here.)

So, that brings us to this morning. I woke up, sat down to check my e-mail, and to my surprise, I had an email from him!!!

It said:

Hello Hyde-

How are you? I know we have not communicated much over the past few years--and that is my fault. I apologize for that and understand if you don't want to be friends.

That said, the reason I am contacting you is because I need access to purchase some drugs--specifically coke and ex. Just wanted to know if you knew of anyone.

If you want to talk again, it would be my pleasure.

Hope you are well.

E-the-R


WTF?!?!?

SOME GUYS HAVE ALL THE NERVE!!!


-h-

7 comments:

feitclub said...

HA ha...that is indeed funny! ^_^

Do you know any undercover cops you can hook him up with?

sunshine said...

Response should be:

Dearest E the R,

I can not help you out with your request, however, I do have two friends that you could date at the same time.

It was great to hear from you, talk to you again in 3 years.

Goodbye and Good Riddens,

Sincerely,
Hyde

Flash said...

...or simply, tell him to Fuck off!

HistoryGeek said...

...or just not reply at all.

Charby said...

Hahaha. Cheeky sod.

I think the second word I'd send to hm would be "off"

Anonymous said...

Typical! Absolutely no sense of how he comes across (or doesn't care -- probably proud of his bluntness). So he does coke now??? Ha! That's funny!

Hyde said...

Oh yeah! I forgot that he wasn't into the coke thing back then. The funniest drug day ever with him was in the summer 2000 when he and I took ex and went to "Cream" with NiS and GoldenFinch. That's when the Stallion was working there as a bartender. NiS and GoldenFinch went home early and then I left to bring the Stallion back to my place. (That was the day we hooked up with the bouncer later... ugh!) Anyway, I remember my last view of him as we left the club. He was dancing alone in a really strange way. Maybe it's that I saw him through a drug haze, but that one vision of him always comes back to me.

Anyway, I miss you Liu!!!

:)

Oh, and I don't think I'm going to write back, but VJ has a funny plan...