Friday, September 23, 2005

The Answers!

Okay, here we go...
____________________

Flash:

1. You've helped me integrate new words into my vocabulary like "chuffed" and "twat." Oh--and you seem like a great dad!

2. Anything Depeche Mode

3. I'm with you on skipping the jelly, but can we replace the vodka with Jack Daniels? Wait-- Do they even sell that at Tesco's?

4. Now you know the bases--1st, 2nd and 3rd!

5. You were my very first commenter (aside from friends I already knew). One January afternoon I blogged about Narc being a dick to me (no surprise there!). You liked the bit where I left him in the cold by turning off the heater. Later that week you asked me which "lame British band" he was listening to while drunk-dancing around his apartment. I used it as an excuse to call him back--thus breaking the fourth wall in blogland!

6. Zebra--gentle but with a wild streak. And of course the black and white stripes--Nik/Flash. (Kind of like Jekyll/Hyde, right?)

7. About those 10 rules from April, 2004-- Do you think you've done a good job with that? How would you assess yourself? Oh, and do you think we'll ever get a chance to party together?

____________________

Charby:

1. You think vultures are cute. That still blows my mind!

2. Wuthering Heights! (It's weird... I thought this up last night and we have the same answers for eachother for this question and the next!) I first loved this book on my own, and then it sort of became a thing for me and Narc. But when I read about you fantasizing about running throught he moors, I felt a soul-connection to you.

3. Strawberry!

4. So? Am I invited to the tea party or not?

5. First I only knew you through Flash and Sunshine's blogs. You appeared as a commenter on the Annals in early April when you told me to take out my Narc-shit "on a punching bag." In May you were jealous of all the spanky sailors here in Manhattan; and by June, you became my virulent defender. I've got nothing to fear with you to beat up all the boys for me!

6. Unicorn--strong and sweet with a touch of fantasy!

7. What are you going to do next with your life? The sky's the limit, and I'm really curious where you'll be off to!
____________________

Spinsterwitch:

1. You don't like going to bars alone. (I seriously have to help you with that one!)

2. Green Day or the White Stripes

3. Huckleberry

4. Wanna meet me for pancakes or crabcakes at Eastern Market?

5. I checked out your blog before I became a commenter. I remember listening to your Fourth of July audiopost in which firecrakers were being set off on the street corner. Later that week you appeared on the Annals advising me to never drunk-dial. (Easier said than done!)

6. Wolf-- You remind me of moonstone (which I love) and the moon, so that brought the wolf connection...

7. Why did you start blogging to begin with? If I asked you why you blog now and what you get out of it, would your answer be the same?
____________________

Sunshine:

1. I think it's cute how much you love ice cream!

2. Alanis--Everything. It's around the time I realized we are sort of soul-mates when it comes to boys.

3. Grape

4. Any more tips on the emotionless sex thing?

5. I was first "aware" of you through Flash's blog. (I started reading his blog around the time of his "Open letter," and I have to say-- I was a little confused) Then you thanked me for commenting on your site on February 7th, and by the 15th you already declared we were sisters!

6. Dog-- you are sweet and an absolutely incredibly loyal friend. I'm lucky to have you in my life. :)

7. When are we going to hang out again? (And can you teach me to be as strong as you are?)

____________________

Ryan: (And I hope you're impressed!)

1. You made me laugh when that creepy guy took pictures of you playing tennis.

2. Elvis--In the Ghetto. I'm a huge Elvis fan and was happy when I saw this on your list!

3. blackberry

4. I'm waiting for you to dialogue your life.

5. You left me a comment in the end of May--impressed by my template and the length of my posts. It prompted me to check out your site. (Although I have to say, if you're not willing to put up with long posts, you probably won't survive the Annals of Mr. Hyde!)

6. Rooster-- you exude total confidence.

7. You are a talented artist and take beautiful photos. What do you do for a living?

____________________

4 comments:

sunshine said...

Hi,

Got your text, I can receive, but not send them.. Arrggh.

Thanks for the reminder of emotionless sex. I thought I had it nailed...no pun intended...but I don't.

Still searching for that answer..I know there has to be one.

We can hang out every other weekend if you can come here. If I need to come there, I'm afraid I have no clue. I know my annual trip is in April or May : )

Oh, and I'm not strong...Just acting.

HistoryGeek said...

I would love to meet you for pancakes and crabcakes in Eastern Market! Damn, I really need some breakfast.

So I started blogging because I thought it would be a neat outlet and a way for friends (scattered to the 4 winds) to keep track of me and maybe keep in closer contact.

Then this wonderful thing happened...not only was I connecting with people I already knew, but I was meeting others. So now if you asked why I blogged, it would have to be because I feel a bit a part of a community and I want to stay a part of it. I actually think my blogging has gotten a bit more personal lately, so there's a cathartic piece to it as well.

Flash said...

Excellent work!
Quite like being a Zebra & I think that would make Lionesses chase me too!

I think overall, I've stayed reasonably well within my rules & I certainly feel it was a good thing for me to do.
Party? Oh yes, but patience is required!

Rylan Schultz said...

Well done. I was impressed. I'm not sure what you mean about a dialogue of my life. Hmm. lets see..... 11:48am-I wake up turn over and fall asleep.. 12:45pm-wake up hear noises downstairs so I put on pants. I watch music videos and eat cereal for a while until I'm bored. I then play guitar until I'm bored..... You know this could go on for a lot longer than I originally thought... Maybe I'll make a post like that sometime... I work parttime at a recording studio and also for a roofing company. Well this is long.