Wednesday, March 01, 2006

In-Between Things

(Thurs. March 2nd, 2006: I wrote this on Wednesday morning, just after teaching, so I'm postdating it. I'll post it now, even though I have lots more to tell. I spent the night at Narc's last night, and he finally gave me my birthday present. But I'll get to all that in the next post. Here's the news as of yesterday morning... )


News of Imette St. Guillen, a graduate student being killed (and likely gang raped) has freaked me out. She was hanging out at a bar on the Bowery on Saturday night. Although I haven't been to that particular bar, I've been to others in the area a million and one times, and quite often while drunk enough to have lost judgment, coherence and memory. It could easily have been me or any of my friends.

In the Narc department, it may seem as if he's backing off by not having wanted to have sex, but after he left my place (at around 3:00 pm Tuesday afternoon), he sent me FOUR emails. Then he texted me inviting me over to his place that night. I called him and we chatted for a few minutes that night too. I think he's a little nervous about the whole TT thing...

On Tuesday night I had a great cabaret class. I think I'm going to sing As Long as He Needs Me as one of my songs. It's an utterly masochistic song, so I feel a little uncomfortable singing it, but it's beautiful and a show stopper and I sing it really well, so I think I'll stick with it. I've loved it for a long time. After I sang it in class yesterday, one of the girls said she was almost moved to tears! Imagine once I memorize the words and polish the performance! I'm excited. Plus we're adding a second show. Yay!

I hadn't seen Hammer in weeks, so we had plans to meet up for a little while after my class. She got to my neighborhood early, so NDN joined her for a drink at Fubar. I met them there and we all headed to Cheers. One of the FourthFloorGirls was there, so I got to point her out to Hammer and NDN. There was also a guy sitting at the bar who greeted me with familiarity, even though I didn't remember him. He said I had bought him shots a few weeks ago and we had talked for some time about relationships. (Oops! Don't know what I told him. I guess it was potentially embarrassing, but he seemed cool with me, so whatever...) I didn't really remember meeting him, but he was a nice guy. I told IrishBird and Hammer and NDN about the previous evening's events with N. IrishBird likes to call him a "walking hard-on." I think that's kind of funny, although it's not quite true. I told her that despite his frequent "walking hard-on's," we hadn't had sex. Isn't it great that everyone I know is familiar with what goes on in my bedroom? Sometimes I wish I were less open about these things.

Anyway, it's pouring rain right now and I'm hungry. I'll try to churn out a post tonight to update you all about the current status of things with N. I made plans with TT for another date this weekend. I invited him to come along with me to a party on Saturday night. We'll see how it goes.

That's all for now...

-h-

8 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

That story about that young woman is scary. You be careful!

shorty said...

Yes watch out!

You are juggling two men?? Wow! Teach me that one...only kidding...I'm as faithful as they come.

Hyde said...

Shorty-- I wouldn't call it "juggling." N knows about TT. And I haven't slept with TT yet...

Jessica said...

I like occasionally glimpsing Hyde's Cheers milieu.

Anonymous said...

and I like the blog-name for FuBar

Anonymous said...

when i was in Puerto Escondido in Oaxaca, Mexico last May i made friends with two Mexican-American guys from Cali. One was called Shorty.

Anonymous said...

when i was in Puerto Escondido in Oaxaca, Mexico last May i made friends with two Mexican-American guys from Cali. One was called Shorty.

shorty said...

Very interesting NDN, however it was not me ; (

Perhaps someday soon you'll meet this shorty? You just never know.s