Wednesday, March 29, 2006

In Sync

I woke up this morning at 5:30 am, graded exams, and went to teach. Then, I came home and started eating lunch and watching last night's Idol at around 11:10 am.

Narc just texted me: Wow. Everyone's eating it on "Idol"...

So, of course, I called him right away.

"Narc, are you watching Idol right now???"

"Yeah..."

"Me too!!!"

"Yeah, well I woke up early this morning to do work and now I'm just taking a lunch break and catching up on Idol," he said. "But they're all bad! Lisa was bad, Pickler was bad and Ace was bad!"

"Wait-- what? You just saw the first three?"

"Yeah, Taylor is about to sing."

"ME TOO!!! I also woke up early today and I'm also taking a lunch break and watching Idol and I'm also exactly up to the part where Taylor is about to go on! Isn't that strange???"

"Yeah, I guess... They suck though. The best line of the night so far-- Simon to Pickler: Of thousands of songs from the past six years, you picked a song called Suds in the Bucket!"

"I know! So... How's your writing coming? Hope you're making progress towards you April 1st deadline!"

"Yeah... I've got to write, write, write..." He sounded kind of uncomfortable-- like he wanted to get off the phone. "I even cancelled my Eight at Eight tonight."

"Well, good, then... I guess I'll let you get back to it!"

"Okay."

"Talk to you soon."

"Yeah, sure. I'm sure we will."

"Bye."

So, we are in sync.

Strange.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

How bourgeois!

Hyde said...

Yes, we are, Hammer... Yes, we are.