Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Phantom Virgin

You know what I hate? Those bus ads for Phantom of the Opera that say "REMEMBER YOUR FIRST TIME." Must advertising agencies always find a way to liken everything to sex (or the prospect of getting sex)??? It's annoying.

I feel like shit today. My body has taken one beating too many this week... Ugh... As Narc would say: I'm dying!.... DYING!

I'm not dying, but I am feeling pretty crappy. I'm going to clean my house today. Spring cleaning.

I got another text message from Merlin yesterday: Can i take u out 4 a drink after work

I didn't answer.

I went to see Narc yesterday after teaching. We had some sex and then lunch at the Blau Gans. It was all very decadent. Then I went with him to get a new cell phone. He got the V-Cast Razr phone. He wanted me to get one too-- in pink. He really wanted me to get that pink phone. I told him I didn't think I was eligible for an upgrade until May. He had Verizon check in their computer for me, and I was right. I don't know why he wanted me to have the V-Cast pink Razr so badly. After that he walked me to Pearl Paint on Canal where I had to get some supplies to make centerpieces for my mom's upcoming "Sweet Sixty" birthday party. It's a huge project. I think I bit off more than I can chew with that one.

I had choir last night, but it sucked because my voice is crap ever since Thursday night karaoke and trying to sing well was a brutal reminder of the abuse I inflict on myself. After that, I went to Cheers, hung out with ThursdayGirl and BarMan and inflicted more abuse on myself. I had a lot of fun with ThursdayGirl though, just laughing about things.

Narc went to the movies yesterday so I texted him asking him how it was. He wrote back:

Good, but not great. Then again, isn't that always the way of it! Loving the new phone. Two more months for yours!

I wrote back: I know! Pretty in pink. It's seduced me!

I was drunk.

I passed out on the couch last night, but I had a good therapy session this morning. Things are becoming a little clearer for me, and even if it's unpleasant, clarity is always a good thing... I have too many false selves. I think of it as "people pleasing." My therapist said it's being a "phony."

I'm glad there's a new season of the Surreal Life around. The first episode was entertaining.

That's all for now. I'm in a strange mood-- half knocked out, half sad, half hopeful. There you go-- there are three halves to my equation.

I have a stiff neck and my throat hurts.

I'm going to go do the dishes.

-h-

8 comments:

shorty said...

Geez, one busy girl even when you aren't feeling well.

I'm glad Narc atleast takes you out of his apartment once in a while, otherwise he would just be using you for sex.

Forget Merlin, I would lose his #, I don't think you want him as a contact if he's going to hit on you all the time.

Anonymous said...

wrote back: I know! Pretty in pink. It's seduced me!

I was drunk.

You must have been drunk. A sober Hyde would not have made such a grammatical mistake in her txt.

PS. And I am making a shout out to VJ.

Hyde said...

NDN-- I think I was trying to say "it has" and not "it is," but you are right-- either way, it is uncharacteristic of sober Hyde.

:)

Anonymous said...

Switch to T-Mobile and get a Sidekick. Having one makes me feel like Paris Hilton (except for the whole blond, tall, thin, famous, uber-rich, sexy, fun, lighthearted, likeable, charismatic thing...) I am addicted to it. I give my students stupid busy work and play around on it all the time. When they ask I tell them I am looking at the time bcs I can't see my clock from my desk. The stupid fucks believe it... or not, I don't care. Imagine being able to access your blog at any time. And, by the way, I reciprocate NDN's shout-out. Tu eres un animaaaaal, tan sexy y suave como la vagina de Paris. Hasta luego, Papi Chulo!
-VJ

Anonymous said...

Ay VJcita gracias por el shoutout. Aunque estoy seguro de que la chocha de Paris es bien suave y sexy habia chisme que tiene herpes. That chocha ha visto mucha accion! Ademas, me encanto tu mensaje sobre tu sidekick y tus estudiantes. Pero, tambien, no quiero que te dudes, SI ERES una thin, famous, sexy, fun, lighthearted, likeable, charismatic thing...)

Anonymous said...

Although I can't bear even the thought of touching Narc (UGH!) I would love to have the opportunity to caress his stomach in context to create some good solid awkwardness.

Jessica said...

are the dishes clean?

Hyde said...

Yes Hammer-- and garbage is out and the cat litter is changed! But I can't say as much for the rest of the house.