Friday, March 31, 2006

Paying the Piper

I'm so tired, I might die.

My sleep this week?

Monday night: 4 hours
Tuesday night: 5 hours
Wednesday: Woke up at 5:00 am, stayed up til 5:00 am... a full 24 hrs, before passing out until about 1:00 in the afternoon.
Thursday night: 4 hours

Narc and I were out drinking Wednesday night. Then, Thursday afternoon he wanted to get pitchers of margaritas with lunch (which we did). It left me woozy, and I had to go meet Bezoukhoff, but Narc wanted to go back to the Patriot after lunch. I walked him there and said goodbye at around 5:00 pm.

Last night at about 12:30 am, he called me. His speech was slurred.

"Hyde! I'm still at the Patriot!" he said.

That means that he spent 12 of 24 hours drinking in that dive.

I asked if he were still there alone and he said that he was with CouchSleeper. That made me feel a little better.

Why am I up so early today? I have to teach at 9:00 am, but before that I have to grade all of the exams I failed to grade yesterday.

And after my murderous six hours of teaching this afternoon, I have to head to Long Island to go to a party with my mom-- some kind of lawyers-association benefit/karaoke party. Then tomorrow I have to wake up early and slave over those centerpieces since they have to be done by Saturday night and I still have barely made a dent.

Yes, I feel awful. I also feel awful that B is so upset with me for standing him up yesterday.

Today is about paying the piper. Might I collapse?

-h-

4 comments:

Jessica said...

moderation, hyde. moderation...

feitclub said...

You can't live his lifestyle of no sleep, booze at any time and no accountability. Frankly, I still don't understand how he lives that lifestyle.

HistoryGeek said...

Does Narc work or go to school?

Hyde said...

Narc is a "screenwriter," although he hasn't sold a script and has been working on the same one for as long as I've known him. He lives on family money and as far as I know has no accountability...