Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Where's George?

The other day I got a dollar bill with a stamp on it that says "wheresgeorge.com." It's a website for tracking currency. I entered the serial number on the bill that I have and it turns out that someone registered it in Turtletown, Tennessee on September 27th. Interesting? I haven't decided yet. My bill has traveled 685 Miles in 34 Days, 19 Hrs, 28 Mins at an average of 20 Miles per day. Anyway, maybe I'll register with the website and watch the random wanderings and adventures of my bill. I can live vicariously.

I'm feeling a little bit better today, but even so, I took the day off from work. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my 12 hour days, and with nearly six hours of lecturing, I know it would just knock me right out again.

I thought a bit about the whole NaNoWriMo thing this morning and sat down to write. I wrote about 944 words in an hour and a half. But I should have been grading midterms. Or catching up on papers I haven't finished writing. So I think I'm going to drop the project and wait until next year. I have too much writing to do for school. I still have three incompletes and two more papers to write for the classes I'm taking now and a shitload of grading papers and then more exams coming up. I just don't think I can take the added stress. But good luck to all of you who are giving it a go!

I'm trying to clean up my house little by little today. It really got trashed this weekend between throwing clothes and makeup all over the place getting ready for Halloween and the condom wrappers, overturned chairs, and black & gold cigarette butts left behind by Narc.

I stopped in Cheers last night for a few minutes just to say hi to BarMan and ThursdayGirl. Obviously, as I'm sick, I wasn't drinking. There was hardly anyone there, as it was Halloween, so it was quiet and ThursdayGirl and I got to have a good long chat. We talked mostly about Narc stuff. She was in a really similar relationship before, and I honestly think she "gets it." Her "Narc" is in the military right now in Korea. I really like her a lot.

Speaking of "getting it," Spins-- it's Tuesday, so I'm awaiting that article you promised.

And Sarah-- I'm glad you came out of your usual "lurking" position yesterday. You should comment more often! :)

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. I'm trying to renew a commitment to my health because it really sucks to get sick and I've just had too much of it this year. I finally went grocery shopping and stocked my fridge with healthy foods. And yesterday I went back to my endocrinologist to try to get my blood sugars back under control again. He wrote me a new prescription and chastised me a bit, but I deserved it. I made a follow up appointment for two weeks from now to keep me "on track."

In other news, Narc had said that he wanted to do another dinner party with Hammer and the Wizard. As such, yesterday I sent him a text:

Hammer asked if you still want to do dinner w/her and the Wizard this week. I can do Thurs after 9:30 or Fri... let me know.

Typical Narc, but I haven't heard a word back from him. It's interesting though. While it still bothers me, it doesn't make me feel "sick" the way it used to. I'm much busier now. And that's a good thing.

-h

PS: Dan, I felt really really bad that you thought NDN and I would be making fun of you. I can't emphasize enough that it's not case and that I respect you a lot. So please get that out of your mind, and accept my apology if anything in that post offended you. okay? :)

10 comments:

Sarah663 said...

Hyde - Thanks for the shout-out!

HistoryGeek said...

I've registered a few dollars with Where's George, but never followed them...

As for the article, I'll be going to my office tonight, so I will probably not get to share the part that made me think of you until later tonight.

Glad you are feeling a little better.

Anonymous said...

yess! That's the site I have been looking for. Now i can register my 1935 dollar there. Woohoo!

HistoryGeek said...

Except, hammer, the idea of the site is to watch to see where the money you register goes...do you want to give up you 1935 dollar?

It's also predicated on the idea that other people will take the time to register their money.

Charby said...

Have you heard of the book thing thats like that, bookcrossing or something?
You find the book, read it, log the details in to the website and then set it free.
Its cool!

feitclub said...

Where's George is still running? Wow. I first read about that five or six years ago when I worked in the post office. I played with it for a while but ultimately I lost interest.

I was going to respond to your (and NDN's) comments yesterday but I felt like that would give the matter undue attention. I don't really imagine you and him laughing at me or making fun of me! Even if you did, you were both drinking so who cares?

You don't need to apologize so feel free to get it out of your mind.

Anonymous said...

I see that you are taking the short road to la la Land.

Hyde said...

Mr. Mystic, you'll have to clarify that for me...

Flash said...

La La land is a nice place! I'm never leaving!

Anonymous said...

Hyde? Where are you?