Monday, November 21, 2005

Not Much Time

(But a Response to the Comments)

I don't have much time for a post today, as I've got to clean myself up and get some work done all before getting to a voice lesson at 3:00 pm. (I won't be home tonight until around 11:00 as I have an extra choir practice). I ended up spending the rest of the weekend with Narc and it was simply amazing. (I went over there at around 1:30 am on Saturday night and just got home now). So I have a lot to post about, and no time to do it, but I didn't want to remain completely silent after the intensity of the exchange in the comments section of my last post.

A few things--

1.) Dan and I are fine with things, as we resolved the matter in private emails. I probably shouldn't have snapped at him like that in the comments section, here for everyone to see. After all, the reason I was so bothered by his statement had to do with conversations we had earlier (off the blog), and his comment seemed like a particular affront in light of those talks. In other words-- it was a more complicated issue than what was immediately presented here, and I responded out of hurt. In any case, I'm glad that things are okay between the two of us again. And Dan-- I appreciate your apology.

2.) Mystic and Spinster, I always value your input, so thanks.

3.) Anonymous I: I think you're right.

4.) Anonymous II: You write: "You get from the world what you give out to the world." While it's nice of you to have come to Dan's defense, I'm not going to bother addressing your statement in detail, as it's clear that you aren't very perceptive about me. One thing that I know for sure is that I am an incredibly generous, loyal, kind and constant friend. I have absolutely no self-doubt in that department. (And incidently, more often than not, I give much more than I "get from the world," but refuse to view these matters in such utilitarian terms).

5.) Charby-- you're right. I think Narc would make a fine looking Santa Claus (although last time I checked, Santa has a white beard. It's the suit that's red).

6.) NDN- I watched Family Guy last night with Narc, and agree-- it was pretty funny.

Anyway, I guess I'll leave it at that for now. I'm just happy that November 19th-20th turned out to be an amazing stretch for me and Narc for the second year in a row.

I've got to go hop in the shower now.

-h-

4 comments:

Charby said...

I know its supposed to be the other way round, but it was sorta an alternate Santa I was thinking off, white suit and red beard instead of the normal!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stating that you value my input I am honoured .

I just want to add that no matter what comment I leave on your posts that I only wish you the best, even if my comments might not always reflect that.

Jessica said...

Sometimes I think that "taking oneself too seriously" can cause major problems. Hyde and I were laughing at our own insanities the other night, and when some of you responded with chiding advice or other remarks, I think it set us off.

feitclub said...

I also appreciated your apology. I just hope this is the last time we have to go through this! Mystic put it very well: anything I say to you (public or private) is meant to be helpful, even though it may not come across that way.

How about I'll try harder to consider the impact of my words on your feelings and you try harder to avoid snapping back when you're angry?