Tuesday, November 29, 2005

'Tis the Season to Work, Work, Work!!!

The season is upon us.
'Tis the season to work, WORK, WORK!!!

The Task:

Grade 120 term papers
Write 2 final exams
Grade 120 final exams
Transfer my attendance records
Calculate final grades

Find topics and write two long papers
Finish a bunch of short papers I've already neglected this semester

Read, READ, READ!!!

Complete my paperwork for next semester's teaching
Order textbooks
Meet with my department chair to figure out my registration issues

And then of course:
(Isn't it a bitch when celebrating becomes a burden? Everything comes at once!)

Another week and a half of choir rehearsals followed by a weekend of concerts
Christmas shop (on no money)
Send my Holiday cards out
Get my tree (and decorate it!)
Do my familial duties celebrating my mom's birthday
Clean my house (a task beyond belief) and stock it with food and alcohol for my party
Clean up after my party (ugh!)
Find my passport somewhere in this mess and pack for Argentina

Take care of my annoying health problems (which I haven't been explicit about here, but it's about to become quite a nuisance and a little time consuming.)

Oh, and wasn't there an exhibit or two I wanted to see before the end of December?

One month from now I'll be in Argentina.
It will all be done.

God willing...

8 comments:

feitclub said...

Hmm, I just finished writing a post complaining about being busy. Thank you for reminding me that I've got much to grateful for. After all, I only have to take these exams, not write them or grade them!

Thanks for the encouragement! I needed it!

Anonymous said...

You don't have to stay up nights to succeed, you have to stay awake days.

Anonymous said...

Argentina! Wow! That sounds like so much fun. I've never been but always wanted to go. I hear its great. Are you going to the glaciers? What made you decide on Argentina?

Sarah663 said...

Don't worry, hyde - it will all get done...it always does, right?? don't forget to have fun!

Flash said...

Good luck!

Chapstick said...

Just a heads up hyde, My blog address has changed to http://saladtaxi.blogspot.com/

HistoryGeek said...

A good reminder about why I never want to be a student again.

Charby said...

I wanna go Argentina!!
I'm jealous!