Saturday, November 11, 2006

Poor Impulse Control

I couldn't sleep last night. But, half asleep and in a moment of impulsivity, I crawled out of bed and wrote Narc the following email. Do I regret it? Sort of... But I'm trying to be strong...

Narc,

I hope you're feeling okay! I know you've been sick, but it's really frustrating that you haven't returned my calls in over a week. I'm gonna stop calling. I need to stop caring. I guess I just don't "get it," but I'm trying to be friends. This hurts. I can't be the only one who's trying. I hope that everything went okay with the doctors. I'm having my own health drama this week... But you won't call me back, so you wouldn't know.

Anyway, I love you. But I've decided that it's time for me to stop waiting for the phone to ring. Please take care and be well. I'll be thinking of you always... until I won't have to anymore.

lots of love,
hyde

3 comments:

feitclub said...

I'd say those are fair statements to make given your feelings.

P'tit-Loup said...

I think that is a beautiful love letter that says where you are and does not ask for anything in return. Well said.

Anonymous said...

That must have been hard to send, and I know from my own experience that it will probably be even harder to stick by it in the next few days. I wish you the best, whatever that ends up being.