Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Glitter and Doom

There's a new exhibit at the Met called Glitter and Doom. If I were ever going to name an exhibit after myself, that would be it! That would be it exactly. In fact, I can't think of a more perfect description for myself!

I'm going to check it out with Anxious on Saturday. It's all Weimar portraiture-- the works of Dix, Grosz, etc. I absolutely love that stuff. (I got semi-obsessed with it two years ago after reading a book about Lustmord paintings, followed by Grosz's autobiography).

Anyway... Weimar decadence aside, I have so much that I want to write and so much that I need to say, but I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off on absolutely no sleep. I'm going to get up early tomorrow to try to draft a post. I don't know if it seems to you all that I haven't been writing as much, but I feel it in my bones... I miss blogging.

Narc is still in the hospital and will probably be there through Sunday. The blood clots were described as forming a "forest" of clots in his lungs. Fucking scary. He's lucky to be alive, but I don't think he sees it that way... I have been through such a roller coaster of emotions with all of this-- all of which I am itching to write about. The bottom line-- I am starting to see things more clearly... even if I don't like what I see.

In any case, as I'm bone tired, I'm heading off to bed. I just wanted to check in for a quick "hello."

love,
h

3 comments:

Aravis said...

I'm glad he's feeling better, and that you have the art exhibit to look forward to. Get some rest!

HistoryGeek said...

I agree with Mystic...take care of yourself. Blogging is good, but it can wait.

Anonymous said...

Get some sleep, but remember to keep us informed. This is getting interesting. Hope your feeling better.