Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I had to ask...

Last night, I sent Narc a text:

You watching the election returns?

When I didn't get an answer (yet again!) I had to send him another:

PS: Good luck with your essay tomorrow. PPS: Are you not talking to me? Or just busy? Please let me know. Thinking of you. And not having the easiest week... :\

He wrote back to me at 2:00 am:

Essay put off for another week. Not doing well with the breathing. Cardiologist yesterday, pulmonologist tomorrow etc. Just trying to get better now. We'll see.

Half asleep, and with Brick snoring at my side, I mustered a reply:

Keep me posted. I am worried about you & here however I can help. Even if it's just to help w groceries or something... Miss you & hoping you figure this breathing thing out. Glad it's not that you're not talking to me for a reason. PS: Fell asleep to "soundscapes" tonight... :) Feel better!

1 comment:

feitclub said...

I just have to point out that his response does not acknowledge you or your feelings at all and that's weird. It's entirely about him, although I am sorry to hear that he's feeling ill.