Monday, October 17, 2005

Work! Work! Work!

I have so much work that I feel like I'm going to scream. I don't know why I didn't realize this before. Or why I spent my entire week off in drunken contemplation or prayerful contemplation of my personal problems instead of actually being productive. Yuck!

In the next week alone, here's what I have to do:

School Work:
  • Read the rough equivalent of four-five books
  • Finish a 4 page essay that for some reason, I'm having major writer's-block on
  • Write three short book review essays
  • Give a presentation in my Italian History class
  • Write a "pedagogy" paper for my Holocaust class
  • And of course, attend my two classes
Teaching:
  • Put in about 10-12 classroom/office hours
  • Write two midterm exams and get the hundreds of photocopies made in a timely fashion
  • Grade all those exams (about 120 of them. Ughh!)
  • Prepare for my teaching observation tomorrow
  • Write a paper assignment for my History 231 class
  • Go over and sign off on student evaluations from last semester and hand them to the department chair
Other:
  • I have a three hour chorus rehearsal tonight
  • I have two voice lessons scheduled this week
  • One regular therapy session
  • One speech therapy session
  • I have tickets to the opera with my mom on Saturday (Aida, for those who are curious)
  • BigSis' niece's birthday party on Long Island on Saturday evening (Do I have to go to this?)
  • Grocery shopping!!!
  • Cleaning my house (the never ending process)
I think I'm going to go have a heart attack now. Or maybe do some work...

6 comments:

sunshine said...

you can do it.

You forgot to mention, answer an email : )

HistoryGeek said...

Wow! Remember to keep breathing.

feitclub said...

Can you "outsource" grading those exams? A grad student in my family says he sometimes helps people grade their exams for a small fee.

Charby said...

Procrastinate. Its the best way.

Anonymous said...

Skip the sister's husband's sister's niece's whomever's party....

Hyde said...

Dan, I wish! I AM the grad student to whom things are outsourced! If only I had the money to pay someone else to do my work. And on an adjunct's salary, they barely pay ME to do my work!