Monday, October 31, 2005

10,000?

I wonder if we'll reach 10,000 visitors by the end of the day today!

Should I offer someone a prize for it? I'm pretty lousy at that. I still haven't sent Dan a prize for winning that photo contest. (Dan, I haven't forgot you! I'm just lazy...)

I'm still pretty sick and think I need to cancel all of my appointments for the day. If I'm no better by tomorrow I'm also going to have to cancel teaching and skip my own class. What a mess. Anyway, I promise you Part II of last night's post ASAP. For now, I'm going to crawl back into bed and watch the repeat of yesterday's soap opera before dragging myself to the doctor.

:)

h

PS:

Happy Halloween!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIGSIS!

10 comments:

Charby said...

9,056!

I might have to come back several times to "play" with Mr Rochester and see if I can get the 10,000

HistoryGeek said...

Get well. And I'm sorry to hear about the results.

Sarah663 said...

9,057! -- Are you expecting a lot of traffic today? :)

Hyde said...

Sarah, when I checked, you were 9,080. I'm expecting about 50 people or so, so we should make it!

HistoryGeek said...

Um....Hyde - sorry to burst the 10,000 bubble for today, but in order to get to that number you'd actually need 900+ visitors today.

But it will obviously be happening soon! :)

Hyde said...

Spins, you're right! I guess it's the fever which is making my already bad math skills even worse! :(

Bubble is burst, but even so, that means only another another few weeks!

Anonymous said...

9096

feitclub said...

9111, creepy. Take your time with the prize thing, just make sure to send me pictures of you and NDN from Halloween.

Not to sound bitter about your much-higher-than-mine counter, but is that number artificially inflated? I notice your counter appears on every page, does it count each page as a separate visit?

Sarah663 said...

phew, i knew my math wasn't that bad! and that's what i get for not refreshing my browser...that is when the annals are minimized when i get called away to "work" in the midst of my fix :)

Hyde said...

Dan, I don't know how it does its counting. It's just standard sitemeter...