Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Red Lipstick and a Texan

Today was a strange day. I wore red lipstick in the afternoon and everyone stared at me. I went to "Subway" to get a sandwich for lunch and you'd have thought that I was the last woman on the face of the earth the way the guys were looking at me, (three of them to be exact). I was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. I was a mess. I didn't even have a bra on. I can only conclude that it was the red lipstick. (Then again, maybe it was the going braless...)

In any event, I wrapped up the night tonight at Cheers. I got majorly emotionally fucked up by a few things that transpired earlier this evening and I'm not sure whether or not I want to blog about them yet. But I ended up at Cheers. And on my way out of Cheers, I heard a familiar voice-- a southern drawl, which is not all that common in New York City. I knew I had heard that voice before. It was "Bicycle Bill," the Texan! The guy I met back in May who called to ask me out for drinks and a bike ride. Nevermind the fact that he's married. (I wrote about it here and again here.) Anyway, I flirted a little and he gave me his number again, but I have absolutely no intention of calling...

So, that's it for now. I don't want to write more with any drink in me. God only knows what I'll say...

-h-

4 comments:

Flash said...

If it was obvious you were bra-less (I don't know what they, erm I mean you, look like) then it would probably be that.
Men!!

Hyde said...

It shouldn't have been obvious that I was bra-less. Otherwise I wouldn't have done it. Hmmm...

HistoryGeek said...

I think there is something about the messy look that sometimes gets interpreted as sultry...it's not always true that men want a woman all put-together.

The red lipstick probably didn't hurt, too.

feitclub said...

Lipstick+braless=attractive. Especially if you're also attractive.

sorry...little drunk tonight...