Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Scrapping Again!

Last night was definitely a "scrap it" night. Yuck. I drank too much AGAIN. There is something to be said for Mr. Mystic's last comment: one definition of insanity is, "doing the same thing all the time but expecting different results." Thinking about that one today...

Anyway, Liu called me while I was at the bar and we talked for a whole hour. I miss that girl way too much! I'm probably going to go visit her in Texas in January, which will be an amazing trip, as I only get to see her once a year. Usually, she comes to NY, so I've never even met her boyfriend the Cowboy. It will be cool to finally get a chance to see where (and how) she lives.

Hammer also called while I was at Cheers. She was going to a cocktail party with the Arch. And I have to say, regretfully, I stood up NDN for our "play date." I did call him to postpone, but alas, I was drunk and got invested in the stupid guy sitting next to me, so I kept pushing it off. Eventually he wanted to go to sleep, so we rescheduled for tonight, instead.

Um... in other news to be "scrapped," I texted Narc. I'm still embarassed about that, so I won't transcribe the text here. Something had to be said, though, so I said it. Fuck.

Um.... what else? I don't know. I think I better go try to get the whiskey off my breath by eating some breakfast so I don't make a spectacle out of myself at my voice lesson this morning. Oh, and then I have to go to therapy. Shit. It's perfect. That's just what I'm in the mood for today... More talking about my problems.

Sometimes I think that all of this "theraputic" self-absorbtion and so-called "clarity" does more to warp my perspective than anything else. Oh well...

I'm going to get dressed.

-h-

7 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

Mystic is a wise man.

Do you let Hyde out with your therapist, or just Jekyll?

Flash said...

Hang on a sec... are you blogging naked, Hyde?

sunshine said...

Flash? Doesn't everybody?

Hyde said...

Spins- mostly Jekyll, but I try to get "Hyde's" information across. I guess I do my best to let Hyde through, and am generally forthcoming, but it comes out slowly and in small amounts.

Flash--
I'll leave that to the imagination.

Mystic--
If that were my rule of thumb, I wouldn't be in therapy at all. Hopefully I'll get there...

feitclub said...

Mystic, Flash, Sunshine, I like the way you folks think!

I feel silly about it, but sometimes I wish I could contact former therapists to tell them how I'm doing. They probably don't care (unless I pay them) but deep down, I imagine that they'd really want to know.

Anonymous said...

Dan,
I think you would be pleasantly surprised. Therapists generally like to know how their past patients are doing. I still keep in touch with my shrink from Argentina.

HistoryGeek said...

Dan - I agree with NDN, your therapist would probably love to hear how you are (even without being paid).