Friday, April 28, 2006

Play It Again Sam

Deja vu!

It's 2:00 am and I'm just getting back from Cheers and I'm 100% sober.

After my drug-induced lengthy afternoon nap, I spent the evening at karaoke. The Smolderer was there and was majorly vying for my attention. He hardly left my side. The scary part-- he seemed to know a hell of a lot about me that I don't remember telling him. The other scary part-- he recommended I do "the Landmark Forum," something Narc said to me in one of our very first conversations. More on all that later. I need to be up in five hours, so I should really get to bed.

A little drama at the end of the evening-- the cops showed up at the bar looking for a rapist. Um... glad to know I've been keeping such wholesome company.

PumpedUp couldn't get enough of the fact that I managed to stay sober tonight. IrishBird grabbed my ass and I laughed.

I'm feeling a little absurd right now (in an existential way) and I'm not in the mood for blogging, so I'll leave it at that.

I do miss Narc still, though. I really, really do. But then, what do I expect? It's only been 15 days. And it takes more than that to build a new routine. As for the alcohol-- I'm three days without it. I'm still not entirely ready to commit to that though...

More later...

-h-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAZEL TOV! I am proud of you.
VJ

feitclub said...

Time for a silly question: if you're not drinking, what do you do at Cheers? Just hang out? It sounds like this is good for you, whatever it is you're up to, so best of luck to you. But please enlighten me.

Hyde said...

Yeah, Dan-- I just hang out. And I've been drinking a truckload of diet coke. I still felt spacy though, from the valium. I spend so much time there, in general, and I know so many people that at this point it hardly matters whether I'm drunk or sober... They all already know my dirty little secrets.

-h-