Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hyde Gets Some Sleep!

In a bizarre turn of events, I've finally gotten some sleep! What the fuck is going on?

Here's last week's count:

Monday (3/27): 4 hours
Tuesday (3/28): 5 hours
Wednesday (3/29): No hours
Thursday (3/30): Napped for 5 hours, Slept 4 hours later that night
Friday (3/31): 10 hours
Saturday (4/1): 3 hours
Sunday (4/2): 5 hours

TOTAL SLEEP: 36 hours

This week:

Monday (4/3): Napped 4 hours, Slept 5 hours
Tuesday (4/4): Napped 3 hours, Slept 5 hours
Wednesday (4/5): Slept 16 hours!!!!

TOTAL SLEEP: 33 hours

A vast improvement, so far, wouldn't you say?

It's weird though... I'm still only sleeping 5 hours a night (with the exception of last night!) so I feel like I'm napping all the time and I don't do anything except sleep. In reality, though, most people sleep 8 hours a night, so I'm not spending any more time asleep than anyone else. As for last night, I don't know what happened-- at around 6:30 I was feeling tired and went to go lay down for a few minutes. The next thing I knew, it was 10:30 this morning. How the fuck did that happen?

Am I really that tired? Or is it because I haven't been drinking (since Saturday)? Or is it because I'm depressed and wanting to avoid the million and one things I have to do with my day?

In any case, there it is.

Even though I finally slept last night, I still woke up with a headache and feeling lousy. I wonder what it will take to feel refreshed one of these days. I'm off to get dressed and do some work. I'll probably check in again later...

-h-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it make any difference if you knew why you could not sleep?

feitclub said...

It's work/stress related. I remember having nights like that during my employed years, laying down after eating dinner and suddenly waking up the next morning.

I rarely feel "refreshed" when I wake up, it always takes me a while to start moving and then it hits me an hour or so later.