Saturday, April 08, 2006

I love B! He is So Smart!

This from B's advisor to the financial aid committee. He is so smart and I love him so much. I'm so proud of him. (So much so that sometimes I feel like his mother!)

Dear Committee:

I am happy to report that "B" is making good progress on his dissertation. After passing his orals with an outstanding performance last Fall, B asked me to serve as his dissertation director, which I was delighted to accept given my familiarity with the high quality of his work. In the ensuing months, we have consulted regularly about his prospectus and research, developing a thesis, delimiting topics, evolving bibiliographies. B is doing voluminous reading vis a vis the intersections of Paulo Freire, critical pedagogy, and liberation theology. His particular interest is in the “prophetic” aspects of Freire’s rhetoric and how they influenced his pedagogical methods. B is a remarkably bright person who writes with insight and clarity, so I am very enthusiastic about his dissertation project. A future book by him on Paulo Freire as a border intellectual who traversed secular and religious discourses in the making of his epistemology is much needed in the field. B is on track, reading voraciously, and drafting a prospectus which will guide his dissertation.

Respectfully submitted,


Dr. "B's Advisor"
PhD Program in English


********************

PS: I have a date with TT tonight at NDN's dinner party. Mixed feelings about it. Definitely feeling AWKWARD.

PPS: Narc doesn't hate me after all... He sent me an email (with a poster attached) on Friday afternoon:

Just a little mock-up of my dream cast for "Oceans"... (grin) (And now, surely you'll recognize Peter Saarsgaard, no?)
Narc


PPPS: Hammer-- if you're reading this, get blogging! You have a lot of exciting drama to tell!



As for all about my mom's "Sweet Sixty," I'll get to that tomorrow. Time to go shower and make myself beautiful for tonight.

love,
Hyde

2 comments:

feitclub said...

Poster? Is he imagining the cast for his script?

Hyde said...

Yeah-- it's for his movie. Obviously, a "dream cast," as the script has not been optioned or even finished, let alone cast!

:)

h