Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Horror, the horror.

It's happening. I'm letting things happen to me... things that I haven't chosen. I am swept up into all of it... old habits die hard, I guess.

Narc, Narc, Narc, Narc, Narc.

(Think I'm obsessed? Just a little?)

Anyway, I have so much (so much!) to catch you all up on. I'm nearly a week behind!

I just got back from Brick's place. He is dating a new guy-- Sherbie. They made me dinner for my five month sobriety anniversary which is coming up on the 9th. After that, Sherbie went to bed, but Brick and I stayed up to watch a horror movie. Brick fell asleep during the movie, so I was left to be creeped out all by myself. After the movie ended, I called Narc and left him a message. Then I headed home. I was scared to be alone, so I went into Cheers. BarMan's roommate was there along with two other college friends of theirs that I know. PCuz was friendly; CaliGirl pulled my pony tail and said "hi." The Smolderer smoldered at me and gave me a hug. Manwich asked me what I was going to sing.

"Nothing," I said. "Nothing. I'm tired. I just popped in to say hi. Heading home now."

And that's just what I did. But before I left, IrishBird pulled me aside and told me that her sister just started AA. She asked me to pray for her.

Speaking of AA, do you guys remember that kid from my building-- Druggie? He's been sober now for over a year. I rode the elevator with him the other day. It's kind of surreal that the two of us are both sober. Although, he seems like he might have done some long term damage, as he still comes across as not quite lucid. I used to feel like everyone I know did drugs. Now, suddenly, everyone seems sober. Maybe it's just the change of crowd...

I called two women from AA this morning that I hadn't really connected with yet. One of them I got along with really well, and we made plans to meet up later this week to go to a meeting. Then, this evening, another girl I know from my home group called me. This morning I went to a "Double Winners" meeting-- AA plus Al-Anon. I recognized a woman there from my home group. Al-Anon is important for me in the big picture. In fact, I think it's going to be really good for me. So much of what I am struggling with in terms of Narc has to do with Al-Anon issues.

Ah, yes... Speaking of Narc (and yes, aren't we always?), I slept at his house for the past three nights. I know that sounds ridiculous, given my last post, but like I said-- I have a lot to fill you in on. I promise it's coming in another day or two...

Last night, Narc and I saw The Departed. I absolutely loved it. Lots of bruised faces and Leo and Matt were both super hot. Narc said he could predict all the plot twists. This afternoon, I had lunch with my sister and her friend English at Bloomingdales. Afterwards, we went to see The Queen. I can't believe that it's nearly ten years since Princess Diana passed away. For some reason, her death had an unusual impact on me. I waited on line to sign the condolences book at the consulate over here... It was just strange to have that moment back in my mind. It was the start of my sophomore year of college.

Anyway, that's it for this quickie post. I'm going to try to get to bed before that horror movie creeps back into my head. And before I get another hundred urges to call Narc.

Oh, the horror! The horror!

4 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

I always try to avoid watching horror before bed...although, I have to admit that I don't generally watch horror anyway.

feitclub said...

Was Diana's death a big deal for you? I'd love to hear someone explain that situation to me...it didn't affect me at personally. I enjoyed The Departed as well. I'm guessing Narc saw the original? He seems like the always-watch-original-before-remake type.

shorty said...

I too saw the departed on Saturday. I also liked it but felt there was a lot of unnecessary blood. I also didn't care for it's abrubt ending.

Aravis said...

I felt the same way about Diana. For me, it began with the fairy tale. I was very young when they married, but old enough to remember. Mom and I woke up early to watch the televised services. Mom is an English citizen living in America, and we were into these things.

Anyway, first it was the fairy tale. Then I felt badly for her as things went sour in the marriage. In the end, though of course she was far from perfect- she was human, after all- I liked where she was taking her life. I liked the work she was doing for children, particularly victims of the landmines. I liked her.