Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Happy Hyde

Right now I'm happy, even though it's 1:00 am and I have to be up in five hours.

Why?

  • I'm 8 days sober and feeling increasingly clear-headed. (Despite the added anxiety, which I am managing to deal with).
  • I had mind-blowingly good sex last night with multiples and tons and tons of kissing and an intense emotional connection.
  • I went to the doctor today and found out that since Thursday (in just six days!) I lost six pounds.
  • I just sang in the second of my two cabaret shows and it went really well. (I wore a lot of glitter eye shadow.)
  • I have amazing friends.
  • I love my family.
  • I stopped by Cheers on my way home to say hi to IrishBird and I didn't feel at all awkward not drinking. BarMan and ThursdayGirl showed up and we were laughing and talking and they were totally supportive and proud of me. Then PumpedUp came out and he was also proud of me for my efforts to quit drinking. I felt respect. I wasn't expecting that from all of them.
  • Narc texted me tonight. He needs me. I'm feeling in love. (Illusions or not, I'm happy for tonight).

So, that's that... I have a lot of details to flesh out here, but like I said-- I have to be awake again in five hours.

I hope Ripway doesn't fuck up again and make me change the template!!!

Good night!

(And it really is!)

love,

Hyde

PS:

My text exchange with Narc:

Narc: At random bar in meatpacking. Depressed, moving to Patriot. Fucking hell.

Hyde: What happened? Need to talk?

Narc: Nah. No one at fault, just me pontificating. Besides, you can't do Patriot anyway.

Hyde: Well, we can talk on the phone if you want... Cheer up Charlie! :)

Narc: Pffft. I was Wonka!!

Hyde: Hmmm... Trying to think of a witty Wonka reference. Coming up short. Sending you a hug though! I can picture you brooding @ the Patriot... :(

Narc: Oh, I'm brooding... Can't believe you're not here.

Hyde: Even if I were in drinking mode, I have to wake up @ 6 tomorrow to teach. :( I'm w/ you in spirit though. :)

Narc: Pffffffft.

Hyde: Huuuuuuuuug! Get some sleep tonight. You'll feel better in the morning w/o a hangover. Don't want you to be "Dying...!"

I haven't heard back from him after that one. So I just wrote him another:

Narc, I'm going to bed now. But thinking of you. I loved last night. Hope you feel better soon...

So, indeed-- I'm signing off and going to bed. I'm still a Happy Hyde. Weird...

5 comments:

swisslet said...

that's great news on pretty much every front then, huh?

Who needs sleep when mindblowing sex with emotional connection is on the table?

ST

feitclub said...

So for now, things are working...I will keep my hopes up for you. And 6 in 6 is great news.

Anonymous said...

It is good to see you happy.

Flash said...

I second that!

Jessica said...

Narc has the hunting instinct too!