Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Brick

I drank a diet coke and tried to hallucinate Jack Daniels in it.

It's strange-- I'm able to tell my new friend all sorts of crazy shit and it makes perfect sense to him. Like-- once I made out with a cab driver because I didn't have money to pay the fare. (He's done that too!) Once I woke up on the sidewalk. (So did he!) Once I brought a guy home to do drugs and was assaulted in my apartment. Oh, wait-- that happened twice. Drama, drama, drama... I've had so many dramatic fights ending with the dripping of my own blood.

There are a lot of things I can't tell you guys.

He has stories of his own-- once he asked a homeless girl if she wanted to stay with him, only to find out that she had a boyfriend that started dealing drugs out of the apartment. Once he dated a prostitute. Once he punched a guy in a bar, and the guy was twice his size. Oh yeah-- and he said some nasty things to that guy-- things he doesn't even believe.

I've said things that I don't believe. Sucked dicks. Done things...

He has said a lot of shitty things. Stupid things. I've cried a lot and cut myself up--my hands, wrists, arms, ankles, thighs, hips. And I've cut up my heart. It's all good though, right?

Why do I love those things? Why do I miss those things?

We both love them. The change is going to have to be major.

Brick: Oh, yes sir. (Lifting his glass) You can live with this.
Big Daddy: That's not livin', that's a-dodgin away from life.
Brick: I want to dodge away from it.
Big Daddy: Then son, why don't you kill yourself?
Brick: 'Cause I like to drink.
Big Daddy: I can't talk to you.
Brick: I'm sorry.

I like to drink too.

2 comments:

Aravis said...

You'd be surprised how common events like that are amongst alcoholics and/or drug users. Not a thing you just wrote surprised me in the least, and I've done most of them too. The more new friends you meet there, the more people you'll find you have things in common with I bet. Good luck to you! :0)

Hyde said...

Thanks. :)