Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Air is Cold in Here

I'm sitting in my living room and the air is cold in here because I left the windows open all night. Last night I fell asleep on my couch at about 6:00 pm. I was only halfway done cleaning my house (in anticipation of Flash's arrival!!!) and I missed my choir practice altogether. Oops!

I woke up at around 11:00, quite disoriented, so I dragged myself to bed. There were a million missed calls and texts. A few were from IrishBird who was taking the night off and wanted to know if I wanted to hang out and watch American Idol. It would have been nice because I never see her outside of the bar. A few others were from NDN who wanted cigarettes. I can't fathom why he was so persistent in his attempt to acquire my smokes, as he is not a smoker, and even if he were-- it is not all that difficult to go across the street and buy a pack.

Anyway, I'm feeling cranky this morning. Even though I slept for 14 hours last night (damn!), I still woke up feeling exhausted and with awful allergy symptoms due to the open windows! This morning I have to go have the doctor suck some blood out of my arm to make sure my organs aren't deteriorating and that I haven't pushed myself into type II diabetes just yet and then I have to come back here and clean some more.

Don't get me wrong-- I really am looking forward to Flash's visit. But until he gets here this afternoon, I'll reserve my right to be in a bad mood...

I had some strange sex dreams last night... all of them inappropriate for this blog. Oh well... It'll give me something to think about in the doctor's waiting room!

So that's it for now. Will Flash really be here in a few hours? How strange? He was my very first commenter (besides Hammer). Worlds are colliding... I have to say-- it makes me nervous.

love,
hyde

4 comments:

shorty said...

You better squeeze him extra tight for me!

The change of pace and the company might do you some good. I can't see how Flash can't cheer you up.

This is a life experience, embrass it.

HistoryGeek said...

Flash will definitely be a mood lifter! I'm so excited for the both of you. We had better see some blogging about the experience (althought this seems redundant to tell you, since you are a daily blogger, generally).

Charby said...

How exciting!

swisslet said...

he's a little legend. I look forward to reading about your meeting. I'm sending him with strict instructions to look after you though, so perhaps it's only fair that I should say the same to you. He's only a little lad, so keep an eye on him in the big city, eh?

ST