Thursday, March 31, 2005

In Cold Crater

I'm in a black hole today. It started at 1:45.

I received the following text from Narc:

Off the alcohol and the radar whilst continuing to write and get in shape for the shoot. Am seeing someone. Won't be able to see you for a while. Be well.

Okay, translation:

You, Hyde, are nothing but a bad habit--just like alcohol. I'm trying to be productive which means scrapping you, but when I feel like a fuck, I may give you a call. That's why I say "in a while." Oh, and just so you know--there are other girls out there who I actually respect. That's why I say I'm "seeing someone" whereas with you-- I would never throw you a crumb of compassion. That's because you're worth shit (as I like to tell you all the time when I drink).

I don't know, guys... Maybe I am just "alcohol" to him after all. I can't stand it though. I've been so depressed today. I spent the afternoon vomiting after I got his message and then went to therapy. After that I went to pick up some books from the library and bumped into both Hammer and B. On my way home, I stopped over at Cheers and downed three glasses of Jack. At least Mr. Daniels hasn't rejected me. I mean, c'mon Narc! I was with the man for eight months, and he wouldn't even go on a date with me. Now he's saying he's "seeing someone," so he has to be "faithful" to her and can't see me "for a while?" What the hell? How is he so committed so fast? I just fucked him last week!!!

I bet that he's not in a relationship. I bet that he's just had a few dates and fucked another girl (as indicated by his lovely Easter message to me, informing me that he "just got home" at 7:30 am). I don't know. I was sick and depressed all day and now I'm sick and drunk and depressed. I need to try to sober up before NextDoorNeighbor's dinner party. I invited Bezoukhoff who I haven't seen in quite a while.

I hate life
I hate Narc
I hate myself most of all
I hate all of this.
I try and try and try to make people happy--especially Narc, and all I get in return is degradation. I mean, for him, Hyde = Booze. That's not all that I am. How could he have held me last week and said "love me," and now this? He just doesn't care. He doesn't give a shit. I don't know why I even try...

I suppose that in the long run, it's for the best. I know I don't want him in my life, but it still hurts anyway. Where are all the nice guys out there? When will someone come along who actually sees me for who I am?

Sorry for the ramble. I'm just feeling outside of myself and outside of the world right now. I wish I could just pass out or something...

Maybe later... Maybe Mr. Daniels will be merciful tonight.

-hyde on whiskey-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I’m sorry to hear that you’re so down. Life isn’t totally peachy for me either. My dad reacted in the WORST way and refused to come to my wedding if I get married. Now we’re not speaking. It’s just sad the way people hurt each other, you know?

As for Narc, I think he cared sometimes, but that’s not good enough. As we discussed, he shows just a smidge of emotion and appreciation -- enough to satisfy your need to “help” or “make him happy” or love/be loved/approved. Well, you’ve already given yourself the best advice again and again. If only self-advice weren’t so damn impossible to follow! Right?

Flash said...

I hate Narc too.

Anonymous said...

Great blog you have. I have a site about band banjo dueling score. You can check it out at band banjo dueling score