Monday, March 28, 2005

Ouch!

My throat hurts so much it's unbearable. It's approaching the level of pain of when I had my tonsils out. Worse still, this is all my fault. The doctor said that there is so much redness and swelling around the throat cavity that it looks like there are tissue tears from abrasions and irritation. (You guys can guess what that's from). That makes me much more susceptible to all sorts of bacterial infections there. My throat is already sensitive enough. Now, thanks to the Stallion, I'm in excrutiating pain. I'm not one to whine about pain unless it's bad, but it's bad... I hate him right now and I hate that I feel like this. I hope that it's just a regular bacterial infection and that he didn't give me some sort of STD. I think I'd just die if that happened.

Anyway, I took one Codeine and two Vicodin and I'm still in super pain. I got started on an antibiotic, but don't know if it's going to work. Right now I'm just waiting for B to get here for our 24 night. I'm cooking him spaghetti with meatballs and sausage. The kitchen smells really good. Too bad I'll hardly be able to enjoy the food. Don't mean to be such a complainer, but I'm in a cranky mood right now... Cranky, cranky cranky!

Tomorrow morning I go back to see my therapist. I have relative success to report in terms of my drinking--since I saw her on Thursday afternoon, I only got drunk with VJ on Saturday night.

That's it for now. I know... Have you ever known Hyde to be so brief? Enjoy it. It may never happen again...

4 comments:

sunshine said...

I hope you feel better!!!

I hope it's not an STD either.

Bastard...keep away from him!

Be the bitch....drastic times call for drastic measures.

You should get a T-Shirt made that says that. ; )

Anonymous said...

my computer let me post a comment! Here's my comment:
drink "throat coat" tea. I have the "traditional medicinals" version, but I think "yogi tea" also makes a version. It's sweet enough that you don't have to put any honey in it and it ALWAYS makes my throat feel better when I have a cold. it is very soothing. here are the ingredients in case you're curious:
licorice root
organic slippery elm bark
licorice root dry aqueous extract
organic marshmallow root
wild cherry bark
bitter fennel fruit
organic cinnamon bark
organic sweet orange peel

mmmmmmmmmmmm

also, don't talk or sing!
love you;)

Flash said...

Poor you!
Sunshine is so right.
Step away from the shitty men!

Hyde said...

Ah, GoldenFinch--

did you go pick all of those ingredients yourself in the forest and make your own brew? I expect nothing less! Still meaning to call you back, but have to grade midterms tonight. Thanks for thinking of me...

-h