Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sleepless Nights

I know I still have to get to writing the part two of my "Sorceress" post, but there is so much going on right now and I have very little time.

First of all, I want to wish Hammer good luck!!! She has her oral exams tomorrow, so everyone should send some positive energy her way!

This week has been chaotic. I don't know what else to say. On Monday night I slept at Narc's. I'm starting to think I'm not in love with him anymore. Anyway, here's a text conversation between me and Narc from Tuesday night:

Narc: The Tivo has a new "Boston Legal." Woohoo!!

Hyde: Yay! I'll be watching that tomorrow afternoon. Btw-- that lessons and carols is 12/17 at 5:00... Let me know if you wanna go...
PS: Your text to me came in at 11:14. There's that number again!

Narc: Spader wins again...

Hyde: Hey! Don't tell me!

Narc: Spader always wins, come on!!

Hyde: Ok, ok... :)

Narc: "Armageddon:" I am so totally appreciateing its genius.

Hyde: You'll have to enlighten me. I do recall shedding a few tears last time I watched with you, though. Then again-- likely more to do with my "father issues" than its genius...

Narc: Spader never loses. And you cry too much anyway!!

Hyde: I don't cry enough, says my therapist. How about that?!? Anyway, going to sleep now. Sweet dreams...

Narc: You cry too much. Your therapist should know this. Sweet dreams...

Hyde: Maybe I just cry when I'm with you. Good night.

Narc: There goes the Eiffel...

I didn't get too much sleep that night because Brick was over and the alarm went off at 5:00 am. I could have stayed in bed and slept, but he came crying for me to help him with formatting his resume in the morning. Brick knows I'll do anything for him, so I dragged myself out of bed to do it.

Then, last night, I changed the sheets and sprayed my bed with lavendar and got snuggly under the covers at midnight. But mid-South Park episode, my phone rang. It was Narc. He was back in the ER. So, I jumped out of bed, threw on my ISM sweatshirt and ran over to the hospital. I only got to see him for ten minutes, and then spent an hour and a half in the waiting room. Apparently, he walked up a big flight of stairs and it left him winded and ragged. Of course, being Narc, he thought the best remedy was a drink, so he headed to the Upper East Side for martinis with a friend. It was then that he realized he had to go to the ER.

At around 2:00 am, I left the hospital with instructions for him to call me. He did so when he checked out at 6:00 am. I told him I'd come back there at some point today...

God, I'm tired.

And like I said-- I'm not so sure I'm even in love.

-h-

Oh- and PS: Last night, while Narc was laying on the hospital gurney, he asked me what I wanted for my birthday.

"For you to take care of yourself," I said.

"I thought I was doing that."

"I don't know, Narc... I don't know what I want."

(Why was that question so hard for me to answer?)

"I'll get back to you on that one."

4 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

Good question.

Flash said...

I'm sorry but I'm such a perv.
Hammer & oral in the same sentence.
I am ashamed of myself.

Hyde said...

Hammer passed! She is so smart. I'm so proud of her. :)

h

Anonymous said...

We should start a club for women who deserve better.