Wednesday, December 27, 2006

In a Paper Dungeon

I'm stuck in a dungeon of paper... grading, grading, grading! I'm about 2/3 of the way through. I spent the entire afternoon today at the Tea Spot and downed about four pots of tea, total.

Yesterday I texted Narc to ask him whether or not he wanted to go see "Perfume" today. He said "no," and that he was going to see it on Friday.

"So, wanna go together on Friday?" I asked.

"Will see," he wrote back.

Today, as I was leaving the Tea Spot and heading to therapy, I got a text from him--

Just got out of "Perfume." Ended up going today, after all, last minute. My review-- mediocre at best.

That hurt my feelings. So, I wrote back--

Why'd you go without me? :(

Not that I had any inkling that he'd do otherwise... But I'm supposed to be practicing expressing my feelings.

In other news, my cell phone is busted and I'm waiting for a replacement phone which I won't have until Friday, so I'm stuck being incommunicado. It makes me very anxious to be without text messaging.

I had coffee this morning with Hammer and the NorthWesterner. The NorthWesterner recommended that I watch HBO's Rome. Hammer told me that he likes to check my blog, so I mostly put this post up here for him. I'm still working on my "year in review," but can't do it until the paper dungeon has collapsed and my grades are turned in.

As for Christmas? It was great. The only sad part is that my stepsister is very obviously bulimic. My mom's sister is a neurotic. And all of the Italians got wasted on homemade wine. Oh-- the other funny part of Christmas Eve? JBC got there late (dinner was at my cousin's place) and he walked into the wrong house. He roamed through the home next door before he was redirected.

I texted Brick "Merry Christmas" and he wrote back that my text "made his day." I miss him a lot, and I'm still very sad about all that. Maybe I'll be sad forever, but I guess I just have to accept that as a part of life.

Meema and I have decided to be prayer partners once a week. I wrote out a personal prayer and it's long, but it felt really good. I read it yesterday and today to myself and it helped. I'm not sure why.

Okay... that's it for now. I really need to get off the computer, get some dinner and get back to work.

lots of love,

h

5 comments:

Aravis said...

You sound really well. Good luck finding your way out from under that stack of paper!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Way to stick to the grading! That can be such a pain sometimes. Hope it ends soon.

I suggest going to Perfume by yourself. It might be an enlightening experience.

Anonymous said...

wanna see perfume with me??

Hyde said...

Who are you, anonymous?

HistoryGeek said...

Good luck with grading. Writing a personal prayer sounds wonderful. I think that might be a good New Year's project for me!