Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Snow!

It's snowing!

It is, in fact, a blizzard. Already a foot has fallen and they're expecting it to keep on coming down pretty heavily until noon.

It is absolutely gorgeous. I tried to take some pictures of it all, but I had to turn off the flash, so they all came out strangely gray, instead of beautifully white.

Rochester and I are in the mood for the same thing this afternoon--curling up on the couch and staring out the window.








I fell asleep on my living room couch last night in front of the television. I liked it.

When I woke up this morning, the window ledges were coated.

I have alway loved the snow.

Everything becomes a dream when it snows.





This last picture is totally random, but I thought I'd throw it in to add more color to this post.

It's a card put up on my refrigerator.

As you know, I've always said I was a mermaid in my past life. Well, when my hair was red, B used to always tell me that I was a mischievous orange kitten and call me "Pula," which means "red" in tagalog.

One day we came across this post card-- half pula and half mermaid-princess. I think it's priceless. It's my archetypal selves.







Well, that's it for now!

I'm going back to hypnotically stare at the beauty in the sky...

-h-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually like the greyed down version of the photos

feitclub said...

Ahh, blizzards. I miss them, and then again, I don't. I suppose in the city they're nothing but fun but in the suburbs they can be hell because driving turns into a nightmare, even if it's just across town.

I don't have a car anymore so I suppose I would enjoy a blizzard here in Japan. Then again, I don't have any boots...