Thursday, February 16, 2006

Frozen

Sometimes I feel like my life is frozen... Like I've been sitting here in front of the computer for an eternity, watching my cat asleep curled up into various adorable positions, but always the same and always asleep.

I have so much to do, but no energy these days. I suppose I shouldn't be too hard on myself, as I'm sick today, but still...

I wanted to write a post about some of the strange things that have happened this week-- namely another cab driver asking me out (what is it with them? And when I had pink eye, no less!), and a phone call I got from Candy asking me if I'm "okay." She said that I looked kind of "down" when she saw me at Cheers on Friday night. (Well, I had just woken up and was in my sweats, downing a few drinks before going to see Narc).

Speaking of Narc, I feel everything between us dying lately. And it is stifling... oppressive, but ultimately, I guess it's good.

He wrote me a text last night complaining that he couldn't sleep. I had already shut off my cell phone and the ringer on my land line. (I didn't want a repeat of last week). I answered him this afternoon and we exchanged a few words about American Idol, but that was it. And there's nothing there anymore.

There's nothing there.

In fact, I feel like there's nothing beyond these apartment walls.

Illusions.

I can hear the sounds of the city, and it appears to be real sunlight that's streaming in... but somehow I can't believe that any of it is true.

And I just want to stay home.

-h-

The permanently adorable Mr. Rochester

6 comments:

swisslet said...

that's one cute cat.

I reckon you need to sleep. Really sleep. Work some of the craziness of the last few months out of your system. When you emerge from your chrysalis, you'll be a refreshed and radiant butterfly.

Or something.

There are good things ahead for you. I can tell.

ST

shorty said...

awwwwww Mr Rochester, I just want to pet him.

Hey, I'll be on LI on Saturday too!!

feitclub said...

You have a knack for catching Mr. Rochester at his cutest! Enjoy the rest, you deserve it.

In fact, I feel like there's nothing beyond these apartment walls.

I had the same kinds of thoughts last time I got sick. Just watch some TV and try to relax. Ask NDN to buy you some OJ ASAP.

Charby said...

he is soooo cute!

Flash said...

Yeah, just allow yourself to chill Honey.

Anonymous said...

Winter is the most depressing season. It is best met with outdoor activities.