Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bits and Pieces

Hmmm... Some bits and pieces for the afternoon...

  • I cut off my long nails today and painted the short ones in a sheer pale pink. I feel fresher, but I couldn't peel the sticker off my apple very easily.
  • I just woke up from a nap that was not nearly long enough.
  • Narc and I were talking about the Exhibitionist on Tuesday (don't ask me why!) and he described her blog to me: "Unlike my blog or your blog," he said, "hers totally lacks a sense of reality. The life she presents there is a fantasy life!" Oh really, Narc? That's interesting...
  • I bumped into PianoBoy at the takeout Chinese place this afternoon. I don't know if I ever wrote about him here... When I was doing my Master's I sang in an undergraduate choir. He was a Freshman and had a big crush on me. I invited him to my birthday party that year and he made me laugh when he asked "Wow! Who hooked you up?" referring to the fact that I had alcohol at the party. I pointed out that I was above the legal drinking age. Anyway, when I saw him today he was very excited to tell me that he's a Senior now and is interning at Merrill Lynch. He gave me a hug and asked me if my "digits were the same" and when I left he said "Great, babe! I'll give you a call soon!" Looks like someone feels mighty important with his "big shot" internship!
  • I texted IrishBird this morning telling her I was sorry for being a pain in the ass with all my stories last night. Like I said-- I spilled my heart to two random Italian guys at the bar, and IrishBird got to hear all of the gory details. "Never. You are a wee darlin'! xo." she wrote back. I thought it was a cute text.
  • I have to leave now to go to choir practice. I'm all sleep-smeared and I have over an hour commute. (Ugh! And it's rush hour. "DAMN IT!!!" as Jack Bauer would say when his last lead to the terrorists is murdered or commits suicide before his eyes.)
  • Even though I just ate an apple, I'm still hungry. But I don't have time for dinner. Maybe I can find something in my house to take on the run.

That's all for now, I suppose...

That's all.

-h-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hyde-
I couldn't find your blog email address on the site at all. Would love to get in touch with you before I leave for Argentina. I hope I'll have some free time while I am down there.

Hyde said...

It's easy-- annalsofmrhyde@hotmail.com

:)

-h-