Friday, February 24, 2006

Because I feel like it...

I never do these things, but I'm home from teaching trying to relax and I just felt like filling this out. I swiped it from Mark Reed's blog. (Hence the British spellings!)

What is your occupation? Grad student/Adjunct professor/future historian/aspiring musician/drama queen

What colour is your underwear? Right now? Black.

What are you listening to right now? Strangely enough, Jekyll & Hyde. I already owned the Broadway recording, but just bought the original concept album because someone told me that Linda Eder sings a song on there that I should look into doing for the cabaret.

What was the last thing you ate? An apple

Do you wish on stars? Always. But as soon as I do, I wish I hadn't.

If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Midnight Blue (the name was changed from Prussian blue in the '50s. I can' t figure out why, but I like both names).

How is the weather right now? Gray and cold and windy.

Last person you spoke to on the phone? B.

How old are you today? 27.

Favourite drink? Jack Daniels.

Favourite sport to watch: I don't like watching sports. But I don't mind going to watch baseball at the stadium. Baseball players have the best asses.

Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes. Since I was sixteen-- always some shade of red or black.

Favourite perfume/aftershave? I change a lot and combine my own perfumes, but right now, it's Opium mixed with Vanilla.

Pets? The fabulous Mr. R.

Favourite month? November

Favourite food? Not sure.

What was the last movie you watched? In the theaters--Munich. On TV-- I caught the tail end of Contact at Narc's house the other night.

Favourite day of the year? "Day of Friendship" with B. It's always in the week leading up to Christmas.

What do you do to vent anger? Turn it inwards and become self-destructive.

Fall or Spring? Fall. 100%.

Hugs or kisses? Both.

Cherry or Blueberry? Cherry.

Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Always

Who is most likely to respond? NDN.

Who is least likely to respond? Narc.

Living arrangements? Me, Mr. R, a lot of Christmas lights and a wacky neighbor.

When was the last time you cried? Today when I walked from school to the bus stop. (I got really into the music I was listening to and had a 'moment.')

What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes I never wear and a basket that Rochester likes to sleep in.

Who is the friend you have had the longest? BigSis. From beginning to end!

What did you do last night? Watched a lot of TV and washed my hair. Then I caved and went to Cheers and got drunk until 2:30 am. (I bumped into a neighbor from the 10th floor there). Somehow I managed to catch four hours of sleep before getting up to teach this morning.

Favourite smell? Burning wood in winter air. Oh-- and those carts that sell sugar-coated nuts all over the city.

What inspires you? Love. And music.

What are you afraid of? Abandonment.

Plain, cheese or spicy hamburger? Depends on my mood. (Not sure what a spicy hamburger is though!)

Favourite car? Jaguar convertibles.

Dog breed? Don't know.

Number of keys on your key ring? Three on my house keys and two for my office.

Number of years at your current job? I'm in my fifth semester. (I guess that means just about two years).

Favourite day of the week? Saturday. (Although when I didn't have to teach on Fridays, it was Friday).

How many states have you lived in? 2

How many cities / towns have you lived in/name them. Five. But I don't want to name them.

Later...
-h-

4 comments:

feitclub said...

I'm surprised, you've seen Munich more recently than you saw Brokeback? I look forward to hearing your opinion on both. FYI, Contact is one of my favorite films!

I'm going to fill this out too, it's Saturday afternoon and I've got no plans...

Hyde said...

I saw "Munich" on the Sunday of the blizzard (2/12). I saw "Brokeback" the Thursday before (2/9). I'm trying to play catch-up before the Oscars!

:)

h

HistoryGeek said...

I saw Munich recently as well. It's good, but got me all amped up. I couldn't sleep just after it.

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid my parents bought an E type Jaguar hardtop the year it came out. A Red one.