Monday, February 13, 2006

A Pink Eye

I have pink eye. Yuck! Last night I thought that I got one of Mr. Rochester's hairs in my eye. It was itching like crazy and turned red. I kept rubbing it before finally putting a cold compress on it and falling asleep.

Well, this morning when I woke up, I found the situation to be a little worse. It looks like I got punched in my right eye (minus any bruising that would obviously be there from a punch!). But the eye is incredibly swollen on the upper lid with a huge bag under the lower lid and it's half shut and absolutely pink. I'm waiting for the doctor to call me back so I can hopefully get some eyedrops.

Anyway, I didn't have to teach this morning. Hooray! It was cancelled for observation of Lincoln's Birthday. I have a lot more to write about from this weekend, but I'm not in the mood to do it now. It was pretty much a drama-free weekend. Nice! I got to have a nice, long chat with Liu, I saw La Traviata with my mom, I saw Munich with B, I went to bed early nearly every night (save my rendezvous with Narc) and I spent a lot of time alone and wanted it that way. I've been feeling a bit like a hermit lately, with no reservations. Does that happen to you? Where sometimes you can't stand being alone and then all of a sudden, all you want to do it be alone? And I worshipped the snow yesterday, although now it looks all drippy and slushy. (Dan-- in the city snowstorms are almost all fun, except for having to walk through it and the brown sludge everything turns to a day or two later!)

Well, that's it for now. My puffy, fluid-filled eye and I are about to hop into the shower.

:)

h

5 comments:

shorty said...

Hope you eye gets better soon, I guess it just wanted to get into the colorfullness of the holiday tomorrow.

I hate Valentines Day.

Enjoy your day off

Hyde said...

Shorty, I like your spin on things! I usually love Valentine's Day, but this year I'm feeling a little bitter. Last year I bought N a present and a card. (With nothing in return, of course, and nothing on my bday and nothing for Xmas). So... I'm trying to be more realistic. This year, he's getting NOTHING. Of course, I don't feel good about that either. I LOVE buying gifts in relationships, (even in "non-relationships," I suppose), so it's not pleasant.

:(

h

Anonymous said...

Hyde-
A pink eye hmmmm...? Takes me back to the time when Holly had to go teach a class with an enflamed eye.*
*I thought for a while if this comment would be within boundaries and came to the conclusion that it is. Please let me know if you disagree.
NDN

Hyde said...

Good job, NDN! I found your comment to be entirely appropriate as it's both funny and you didn't choose to explain the cause of Holly's enflamed eye. Had you explained, it would have crossed some boundaries. But keep up the good work.

-h-

HistoryGeek said...

I hope your eye is better soon!