Friday, February 10, 2006

The Compliment

I'm glad my little talk with him was so effective. The results it yielded:

Last night at 12:37 am my phone rang. Guess who it was? Drunk (although not quite as drunk) Narc. He left me a message.

Hey, Hyde. It's Narc. I am leaving you a message. And um... complimenting you. (laughs). I'm going home. Um... And, I just uh, I just wanted to talk to you. Alright... I guess you're out, so I will try you some other time. Alright. Bye.

Gee, thanks for the compliment?

Today is my killer day, so no more time for my blog addiction right now.

...more to come...

-h-

6 comments:

feitclub said...

I know this must hurt, so I'm sorry. But it sounds like you're telling him what you feel and he's actually listening. So I congratulate you for that and I wish you the best.

I wish I could support you more than just typing comments on your blog...

Hyde said...

Dan, do you think he was listening? Where's the compliment in there? Besides, I didn't ask to be complimented... I asked to be treated with some regard. In any case, I ended up talking to him last night for a little bit. I'll post about that soon.

BTW-- are you going to be in NY again this summer? Time flies and it'll be here before we know it...

-h-

feitclub said...

No, I don't think he was listening, but you still get credit for telling him your feelings. You can't make him listen, after all.

I return to NY on May 24. Where exactly I'll be staying is still not set, but unless something radical happens I'll probably move in with Dad again.

Sarah663 said...

I know that others have posted their song lyrics for you...here's mine:

"Am I the habit you're too tired to break?
I want you to love me with every step you take..."

from Dar Williams, "Closer to Me"

..gets me every time

Anonymous said...

I think you should get all your writings together including the comments and publish it.

Hyde said...

Mystic, you know how long it would be? It would have to be a multi-volume work. It's immense! But I'm flattered that you think it's worth publication!

:)

h