Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I might as well explain...

I might as well explain last night's post in the ten minutes that I have because, to tell you the truth, I have an awful cold, a long day ahead of me, I'm quite cranky and I don't know if I'll be in the mood to post again.

1.) The chocolate was from a man with a handlebar moustache. He looked like Kaiser Wilhelm II. I don't know why he gave me a chocolate. He just did. I was alone on Valentine's day, so hell-- I'll take it!

2.) The flower was from a guy who comes into Cheers all the time. He's actually homeless. He brought in a flower for IrishBird. I've talked to him a few times, so we started chatting again. Then he said he would be right back and he went across the street. When he returned he had a rose for me. It was unbelievably sweet. I was really moved by it.

3.) The exhilarating experience was the first night of my cabaret class. I absolutely LOVED IT!!! It was a total ego boost and I think it's going to really help with my performance skills. But I can explain more on that later.

As for Valentine's Day itself, at noon I sent out three text messages...

One to Narc
One to TT
One to Stallion

I played a little game in my head. From whom would I get a reply?

At 3:41 pm, TT wrote back: Sorry-- been away from the cell all day. I hope you have a great Valentine's day too!

At 4:59 pm, Narc wrote back: Happy V-day!

And as for the Stallion, I haven't heard. I guess he spent the day doting on his girlfriend (as he should!)

In other news, TT and I set up a date for Thursday night. He wants to cook me his "famous" five-cheese lasagna. I accepted the date, but was nervous accepting an invitation to his house. I'm totally not ready for any real physical intimacy given the fucked up emotional Narc-mess I have in my head. But I'm also not very good at asserting myself and saying "no" to those things.

All of that aside, I'm thinking I may have to cancel anyway because I really am sick. This cold is awful and I haven't been able to wear eye makeup in three days! Not even a curl of the eyelash! To some of you that may not sound tragic, but I definitely don't feel like myself.

Okay...

That's it for now.
Time to go teach about Ancient Greece...

-h-

4 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

I do hope you feel better soon.

And the rose really is a sweet gesture.

feitclub said...

All three things sounded like fun.

Saying "yes" to lasagna dinner at his house is not saying "yes" to anything but that...if you don't feel ready for other stuff, don't do it!

Anonymous said...

It's been a while with TT now....Dan is absolutely right in that you are under no obligation to put out, BUT, if I was TT, and I invited you over to my place after several dates, I would at least be expecting a little somethin somethin more than first base. So, if you don't plan on it or are not sure, I would preface it with a backout plan, like you have to be up early to teach the morn. which you do by the way, see i know that, i know your schedule....I am TRULY my neighbor's keeper.

Hyde said...

Luckily for me, the TT problem will be temporarily avoided. I am REALLY sick today (as in it'll be a day of bed-rest) and the date will have to be put off. Not that I'm happy about being sick with my Friday schedule ahead of me, but at least it solves one problem.

-h-