Thursday, January 05, 2006

To Calm Mystic's Nerves...

To calm Mystic's nerves (and because I miss you all) I'm writing to tell you that I'm back!

NDN and I arrived at JFK at 6:00 am this morning and I am wiped out. The trip was amazing, (save one major fight between the two of us). But, with all of that "together" time, can you blame us? The reason I stopped updating as frequently is that on Sunday morning, we left Buenos Aires for Carilo-- a beach town 4-5 hours from the capital. It wasn't as easy to access the internet there, although I did manage to squeeze off a drunk email to N. All anxiety aside, when I finally checked my email this morning, I found a surprisingly sweet response.

Now that I'm home, I've been flooded with emails from students wanting their grades. I haven't even begun grading final exams, as B administered them for me while I was gone. (All of that delay due to the stupid transit strike in December.) So, I'm off to my office to pick up the exams. Today will have to be a work day.

I will do my best to crank out a few posts in the next few days to tell you guys all about our adventures, but with all of this catch-up work upon me, it may be difficult. I'll have to ask for your patience.

It's good to be back. Although I've always known how I love New York, it's sweet to be reminded when I start to miss it so. I'm here with my beautiful cat, my wilted Christmas tree, staring at the Chysler building through the crappy bleak rainy NY winter weather, but I'm loving every moment of it.

That's all for now.

Hope you are all well!

-H-

1 comment:

sunshine said...

Welcome Home and welcome back to blog reality.

Missed you too!