Thursday, January 12, 2006

Behind in Time

I'm way behind with my work.

It's all due to the transit strike, the fact that my finals got pushed off and administered when I was in Argentina, and the fact that I only got back to grade them a week ago. But still... I got a call from the departmental secretary yesterday admonishing me. I have so much on my mind to post about, but I can't indulge in blogging right now. I have to immediately resume grading.

I shouldn't have drank last night.

I'm going to start a "diet" today. NDN and I both agreed to go on one upon our return from Argentina. He's already started; I haven't. But any real diet will have to mean cutting down on the drinking. And I'm pissed off at myself enough right now to seriously contemplate doing it. I mean, for real-- I have hours of shitty monotonous work in front of me and I already slept in two hours later than I wanted to and now I'm awake and feeling dizzy with a headache.

Not good.

What do I really want to be posting about? Beethoven's Ode to Joy (which I spent a few hours rehearsing last night) and the notion of "surrender" (which, based on a conversation that we had yesterday, has transformed the way I think about B... I mean, Narc... I mean, B). I'll have to be patient on that one though.

Besides, if I really cut down on the drinking, I'll have plenty of late night hours to blog, right?

Okay, off to drink some red bull now and to pull myself together.

lol,

H

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally don't like it when people write LOL. It's your blog, so you write it if you want, I'm just throwing it out there.

Anonymous said...

Yea, I always thought it was not very in character for Hyde to write. Then I realized that she may mean "Lots of Love" instead of "Laugh outloud". Hyde?

Hyde said...

I intended it as "lots of love." Good call, Hammer.