Friday, January 27, 2006

Broken Wing

First Off:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAMMER!!!!!

(And Happy 250th Birthday, Mozart!)

Tonight was strange. I went from Bernard Henri Levy to McDonalds. Then to Cheers. IrishBird took the microphone.

"This is dedicated to a sweet girl," she said. "This is dedicated to my dear friend Hyde."

I looked up skeptically.

"This is dedicated to my dear friend Hyde and her boy-- Narc."

Uh oh...

She sang "Broken Wing" by Martina McBride. (I would link to the song, but my computer is giving me issues.) Anyway, here are the words:

She loved like he was the last man on earth.
Gave him everything she ever had.
He'd break her spirit down, then come lovin' up on her.
Give a little, then take it back.

She'd tell him about her dreams - he'd just shoot 'em down.
Lord, he loved to make her cry.
"You're crazy for believin' you'll ever leave the ground."
He said "Only angels know how to fly."

And with a broken wing, she still sings.
She keeps an eye on the sky.
With a Broken wing, she carries her dreams.
Man, you ought to see her fly.

One Sunday mornin', she didn't go to church.
He wondered why she didn't leave.
He went up to her bedroom.
Found a note by the window,
With the curtains blowin' in the breeze,

And with a broken wing, she still sings.
She keeps an eye on the sky.
With a broken wing, she carries her dreams.
Man, you ought to See her fly.

With a broken wing,
She carries her dreams.
Man, you ought to see her fly.

(With a broken wing. Oooooh)

Anyway-- I cried. I cried hard. But I was confused about what was going on in the song. Does the girl kill herself? Or does she run away and leave her man? Thoughts?

A few drinks later, I looked around at my company-- BulgarianGuy to one side, MarriedGuy to the left. I had fucked them both. Time to go home...

I have to wake up in five hours. Tomorrow is my first day for the new semester.

Beginnings anyone?

-H-

7 comments:

Charby said...

I think it sounds like she runs away

Anonymous said...

I have been screwing around with my comments, trying to block anonymous ones. I think I might have blocked them all. Can you go to my site and leave a test comment please.

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday to Hammer, Mozart...and my DAD!

I think she tried to fly and ended up killing herself? Maybe not.

Have a great first day!

Hyde said...

About to launch into a new semester! :)

Just a quick note to Mystic-- I sent you an email about this too. When I tried to leave you a comment it said "awaiting moderation."

-h-

Anonymous said...

I think that she eventually takes enough shit from the guy that she learns that even with a broken wing she can fly and she flies away. It's about time you do the same.

Sarah663 said...

got in the car today and your martina song was on. really got me thinking about..well, i can't remember exactly, but i was thinking of you! :)

Hyde said...

Thanks, Sarah!