Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Strange Calls

I've gotten a few strange calls tonight.

First of all, I got a message from the Texan. (And do your best to read this in a Southern drawl):

Hi Hyde,

This is the Bicycle "Texan" from Dallas. We met last night. I was going to invite you to have a cocktail with me at my hotel, if you like. But if not, I found some places in Central Park for next week. Give me a call if you get this message in time. I'd like to by you a drink. Otherwise, I'll see you for biking next week. All right? Bye, now!

I'm still not sure what I want to do about that one.

Then, in the middle of American Idol, NextDoorNeighbor called me from a pay-phone in Mexico City. He just had to tell me that he was honoring the spirit of the 20th floor (our floor) and that he had found his very own Mexican "Cheers." We only spoke for a few minutes, but I thought it was cute that he called.

Last but not least-- Even though I had just received that email from Narc this morning, I saw that his uncle was going to be on a talk show, and I wanted to tell him. (Yes, he has a famous uncle). So at around 7:30 I wrote: FYI--your uncle's on ---- show tonight. :)

Surprise, surprise! Again, he wrote back! He said:
Saw him on it last week. He was actually strangely quiet...

Yay! I wrote back:
Hmm... Well, I'll have to check it out tonight. Wasting time now playing piano and singing 'til Idol (despite having to grade!). Have fun at Star Wars!

Strange...

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm so fucking tired even though it's only 10:00. I think I'm going to go to bed now. My immune system is shot to hell.

So good night!

No comments: