Saturday, May 21, 2005

Procrastination

Nothing like procrastination to keep a girl busy! I had a fabulous night in last night watching the Daytime Emmys and then I spent half the morning re-doing my blog template. I have to get to the library now. If I don't get to work soon I'm going to majorly screw myself over.

Anyway, my friend forwarded this to me and I thought it was funny...

A new report now says that the Mozart effect is a fraud. For you hip urban professionals: no, playing Mozart for your designer baby will not improve his IQ or help him get into that exclusive pre-school. He'll just have to be admitted into Harvard some other way.

Of course, we're all better off for listening to Mozart purely for the pleasure of it. However, one wonders that if playing Mozart sonatas for little Hillary or Jason could boost their intelligence, what would happen if other composers were played in their developmental time?

LISZT EFFECT: Child speaks rapidly and extravagantly, but never really says anything important.

RAFF EFFECT: Child becomes a bore.

BRUCKNER EFFECT: Child speaks very slowly and repeats himself frequently. Gains reputation for profundity.

WAGNER EFFECT: Child becomes a megalomaniac. May eventually marry his sister.

MAHLER EFFECT: Child continually screams - at great length and volume that he's dying.

SCHOENBERG EFFECT: Child never repeats a word until he's used all the other words in his vocabulary. Sometimes talks backwards. Eventually, people stop listening to him. Child blames them for their inability to understand him.

BABBITT EFFECT: Child gibbers nonsense all the time. Eventually, people stop listening to him. Child doesn't care because all his playmates think he's cool.

Okay, off to work now! :)

2 comments:

Flash said...

Depeche mode effect: needing a hug


Love the new look (after all there are naked breasts)

Charby said...

Wow!
*looks around in awe*
Its like being in a museum or a gallery.
Very funky though, wish I knew how to do something as clever!