Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Reassessment

Well, I have to say--things with Narc were not as bad as I thought they were. I wish I had the time to go into all of this in more depth right now, but I'm insanely swamped with work, and will be through the weekend. So I'll have to keep it brief.

When I got back from teaching on Wednesday, Narc was still at my house. We spent much of the afternoon here and ordered in a pizza. I wanted to watch "American Idol" which I had taped on Tuesday night, but the tape didn't come out because of a problem with the clock on my television. Narc suggested we go watch it at his place--he TiVo'd it. I took my work and we headed downtown and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening together there. It was much nicer than the night before, and he was being pretty sweet to me.

All in all, I'm still kind of confused. The last time we spent so much time together was late January/early February. Does this mean that we're back on, or is he still going to try to "put space" between us? Who knows... I left his place this morning and won't see him again for a while because he's going on that "retreat" this weekend.

So here's the rundown:

Saw him Saturday night-Sunday morning
Sunday evening-Monday afternoon
Tuesday evening-Thursday morning

The Bottom line--this week brought us closer than we've ever been before (in a comfortable "everydayness" kind of way.) But I'm still hesitant to count on where things will go from here.

Strange.

I've got to put it aside now, though, and focus on other things. I'm tired of drama anyway.

In other news, my stepbrother is doing so much better. He started to talk (only a handful of words) and can even play tic tac toe now. Fucking amazing! I saw him on Tuesday morning and played a game with him. I brought the paper home to hang up in my house.

Hmm...what else? Anxious told me that she "hates" my black hair. (She hasn't even seen it! It was dark 5 years ago, and she's basing her comment on that). Well, combined with the obnoxious email that she sent me last week, it was enough to provoke a response. I wrote her an email today telling her that I found her comments to be offensive and that if I want her opinion I'll ask for it. She wrote me back that she think's I'm the one who's fucked up and either I can call her to clear it up or that's the end of our friendship. If she can't see what I'm talking about, though, I'm nearly ready to end the friendship. I've got to think this through some more...

NextDoorNeighbor got back from Mexico last night, and I'm glad about that. I'll probably get a drink with him tonight and catch up on everything.

That said, I have SOOOOO much work to do, that I don't expect to be able to blog as much as usual. But I'll try to catch up on some of the details of the past few days when I can. Hope you are all doing well!

lol,
Hyde

2 comments:

feitclub said...

The Bottom line--this week brought us closer than we've ever been before (in a comfortable "everydayness" kind of way.) But I'm still hesitant to count on where things will go from here.

You should absolutely be "hesitant" here; the ball is in his corner, so to speak. You laid out a lot for him to react to, now you have to wait and see how he reacts. If he continues to reciprocate as he did these past few days, then you should feel better about trusting him. If he disappears for two or three weeks, that's probably his way of telling you he's not ready.

I'm always amazed at the level of detail you are able to recall these conversations with, especially given the amount of alcohol you consume. Do you take notes?

Charby said...

So glad your bro is getting better!
What's tictactoe? Like naughts and crosses?