Saturday, May 28, 2005

Sing-Storm

I can't believe my stamina. I just gave myself the concert of a lifetime. Yay! I'm on a singing high right now. (Despite the fact that it's major procrastination that I can't afford!)

I just sang:

Accompanying myself on piano:

1.) Ebben? Ne andro lontana - La Wally
2.) Vissi d'arte-Tosca
3.) Voce di donna o d'angelo- La Gioconda
4.) Va! laisse couler mes larme- Werther
5.) When I am laid in earth- Dido and Aeneas
6.) En vain, pour eviter- Carmen
7.) Voi lo sapete- Cavelleria Rusticana
8.) Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix- Samson et Dalila

Switched to Karaoke (and rather dramatic performances in front of the mirror):

9.) Mi chiamano Mimi- la Boheme
10.) Vissi d'arte- Tosca (again!)
11.) O mio babbino caro- Gianni Schichi
12.) Quand m'en Vo'- la Boheme
13.) Caro Nome- Rigoletto
14.) The Habanera- Carmen (But this version only does one of the verses.)
15.) The Toreador Song- Carmen (an octave up... that was fun!)
16.) The Habanera- Carmen (again! Both versus but a weird arrangement!)
17.) Nessun dorma- Turandot (an octave up... should have heard the high B!)

Now my voice is warmed up as hell, but I feel like I've exhausted my cords for the next ten years. It was fun though. Fun and cathartic. I'm spent.

Back to World War I...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Mozart???!!!
I know...he's not your style. We should do a singing party sometime -- all guests must prepare at least 2 songs (We should also do a concert for "Cowboy" if you ever come and visit -- he'd love it).