Monday, May 30, 2005

Fleet Week

Holy shit. It's "fleet week" in NY and I'm too exhausted to enjoy it! That's right--sailors have once again invaded the city. They're everywhere in their spanking white uniforms, reminding the world that it's Spring. I, unfortunately, am too bogged down with work to go out and indulge in some wholesome sailor-fun. It sucks.

I basically did nothing but work this weekend. I partied a little on Friday night, but since then, I haven't socialized at all. It's uncharacteristic and I've felt a little lonely and like I've been in a twilight zone, but by today, much of it has paid off. I turned my WWI paper in this afternoon and spent four and a half hours grading exams this evening. All I have left to do (aside from my incompletes) is calculate semester grades for my students and get them to the registrar by 5:00 pm tomorrow.

NextDoorNeighbor just got back from a weekend upstate. He was excited because he "made it to third base" with a friend of his sister's. (Good for him!) He was so sweet--he sat with me for two hours this afternoon and helped me grade the multiple choice part of my students' exams.

As for me, I think I'll settle in with a bottle of wine and an episode of Seinfeld for now. I hope that I'll feel sufficiently liberated from my work load by tomorrow that I can go out and have some fun.

And as for the ones I love? Hammer is leaving for DC tomorrow afternoon. She's going to be gone for the whole summer, and I didn't even get to see her to say goodbye. :-( Both of us have been crazy with work! B is still out of town for another two and a half weeks. We have a "date" to talk on the phone Wednesday morning. And Narc? Well, Narc is supposed to be back from his "retreat" today. I'll give him until Wednesday-Thursday to call me before I start thinking that I was wrong to ever have trusted him or believed that things could change.

That's it for now. Seinfeld's starting. And my wine is calling.

lol!

-an incredibly fatigued hyde-

3 comments:

Charby said...

sailors? In spanky uniforms?
oooh, why don't we ever get anything fun like that in here?
What they all doing there is it like a big party thing?

*imagination runs riot with sailors in nice uniforms telling tales of fights with pirates and finding treasure*

feitclub said...

That explains a lot. I just assumed we were being invaded. After all, this whole island (by right-wing standards) "hates America."

Flash said...

I've never really understood the american system of 1st base, etc.
I mean I can guess, but how will I know I'm right?
Is 3rd base good?