Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Heat Wave!

The weather is fucking ridiculous! We're going up to 104 today and with the heat index, it's more like 115! Even so, I'm in somewhat of a shockingly good mood. It's a rarity, but I'll take it!

Yesterday I didn't leave my house the entire day, mostly due to the heat and my relative weakness from the food poisoning on Monday night. I did want to make it to that meeting, though, with my new friend Meema. It was a huge meeting but as luck would have it, the air conditioner was broken. To make matters worse, Meema got tied up at work and never showed up. She left me a message, to seek out her sponsor at the end of the meeting, which I did. There were throngs of people everywhere, but Meema's sponsor managed to pass me her phone number and I agreed to call her this afternoon. I'm going to try to get back to that meeting tomorrow.

Once back home last night, I ate cold cereal and bananas in bed. I really like the new layout of my bedroom, but it's taking me a while to get used to it. I watched Capote which I had somehow missed in theaters, but couldn't fall asleep afterwards. I hate this insomnia and the pills I was prescribed to treat it are not working. I didn't end up falling asleep until around 3:00 am, even though I had been in bed from 10:45!!!

Despite the early hour, when my alarm clock went off this morning, I decided to obey. I wanted to go to the AA meeting at my outpatient place (which is once a week on Wednesday mornings) and hopefully see some of my old group members. It was nice to be back in that routine. I really need to structure myself a new routine, because without the four day a week thing, I've been somewhat depressed and flailing. I'm hoping that I will adjust to this soon, though. Anyway, I saw Senegal who greeted me with a big hug and kiss. I was sitting next to some new guy from the morning group and he kept bumping into my breast during the meeting. My breasts are not that big, so I can't imagine why that should happen, but I sincerely hope it was unintentional.

Anyway, that's about it for now. I came home right afterwards because the heat is out of control. Just five minutes outside and I was drenched in sweat. (It made me think of that dream I had about Narc back in December...a very unpleasant thought). I bought some fruit from the man on the corner and he gave me some free nectarines.

Tonight I have another group and then I'm going to a cocktail party, thrown by one of Brick's suitors. Apparently he has an AMAZING loft in Tribeca.

It's so hot outside that the streets are relatively empty. I hope everyone's staying cool!

-h-

5 comments:

Flash said...

They're not that small either!!!

Today has been wet & a little chilly, more like the english summers were used to.

Jessica said...

>Insert perverted breast comment here<

shorty said...

This heat is ridiculous, but I like it....inside : )

Have fun tonight at the party! Perhaps you could send us pics of the new layout of the bedroom?

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

....Thats just great between you and Flash I can't stop visualizing your breasts.

I'm glad that you are thinking about going to more meetings.

HistoryGeek said...

I'm glad to hear that you are having a moment of feeling upbeat. Those moments should start to be more regular and consistent.

That heat wave just rolled across the country, didn't it. Hopefully, you all are dealing with it better than we did. My mom described living in TX just after they were married and they had a 3 week heat wave into the triple digits. They didn't have airconditioning, so after work, they would go to dinner having 1 course at 3 different restaurants, then out for a double feature movie every night. I hope that staying cool is less work for you!