Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Truly bizarre (a side note)

This is all too bizarre for me to take. As if what I told you in my previous post wasn't bad enough, this afternoon I received the following email from Narc:

Yo! (Hyde's last name)! Was just reading through a few things, thought you'd find all of the following quite fascinating... Recently became acquainted with a woman (Gabriele) who is a practitioner of EFT, or "Emotional Freedom Technique". Seems to be a hyper-distillation of the Core Energetics I did with the Pathwork, albeit on a much more subtle energetic level. Check out the following:

EFT Link

http://www.emofree.com/research/rouleaux.htm

Going to take her seminar here in the city when she's back in town next week (on the 15th--welcome to come with me); in the meantime, check out the EFT manual (enclosed, also available for free on the site). Amazing stuff, to be sure (particularly when it comes to treating anxiety/depression/addictions etc-- case studies with people who've been suffering from all of the aforementioned for decades, completely cured in just a few minutes. Truly remarkable...)

-- Narc

At this point, I don't know what to say...

-h-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...Completely cured in just a few minutes..."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..arghhhh ha ha ha ha muaaaaha ha ha ha h....

I can't take this its killing me I have to find a way to stop laughing.

You never mentioned that Narc was a comedian.

HistoryGeek said...

Hmmm...I'd be laughing along with Mystic, except that I recognize this "technique" as one that a patient I used to work with would use to try to cure his kidneys. I'm all for alternative therapies, but really!

Eastern medicine - accupuncture and accupressure - do work for somethings, but the practitioners study for years to learn. The idea that there is a quick fix that you can learn to do in your own home is more than a bit outlandish.

HistoryGeek said...

Okay, I did just have a giggle. On the info page, the "discoverer" of this technique describes himself as an ordained minister of the Universal Church of God in Southern, CA. He says it is welcoming of all beliefs and is non-denominational.

1) I had to wonder if Narc knows this.

2) I think that Gary (the guy on the site) may have his credentials mixed up, as I bet he is an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church of Modesto, CA. This made me giggle because I am, too. (And so can you...just look them up, it only takes seconds! This handy tool allows you to marry your friends for free in any state in the union.)