Thursday, August 10, 2006

When All Else Fails...

When all else fails... Get a new tattoo!

That's exactly what I did. There's nothing like pain laden with symbolism to ease the mind. (It's almost as good as pain laden with sex... or sex laden with pain. Whatever... You know what I mean...)

Anyway, I'm psyched and hyper. It all but made me forget about my anger at Narc and my fight with Brick earlier this evening. I got the tattoo on an impulse. Hammer came with me.

After a few episodes of Sex in the City at Hammer's, I stopped off at Cheers on the way home and showed it to PumpedUp and IrishBird. PumpedUp is quite impressed at my recent accomplishments in terms of my sobriety. I also showed him my "three month" AA coin.

Anyway, my new tattoo is on the back of my neck. It says "Jerusalem" in Armenian, in honor of my dad.

Here's what it looks like:


I'm trying not to think of my anger. I'm trying to "accept the things I can not change." It's hard though. Fucking hard. But, have a good night, everyone!

h

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Hyde, I have always wanted a tattoo and the craving is getting bigger - I am just so scared of the pain - apparently I can give birth with no epidural, but not go through the tattoo pain! I love yours, well done.

Hyde said...

Thanks, Anonymous! But although I haven't been through it, I'm sure giving birth hurts more than a tattoo!

Cody Bones said...

Very cool.I hope that you wear it with pride for a very long time. COngrats on the three months as well. Keep kicking ass

HistoryGeek said...

Wow, the back of your neck. That's bold!

I just started reading a book you might enjoy, called Radical Ecstasy.

Flash said...

Nice to hear you sounding more chipper, honey.

swisslet said...

hey firecracker - long time no read, and I'm just catching up with you.

firstly - that's a cool tattoo.

secondly - ridiculous though it is, I'm extremely proud of you. You are doing brilliantly.

ST