Saturday, April 02, 2005

I Dream of Narc-ey

Last night I had a dream about Narc. Here it is:

B and I were sitting in a McDonald's eating, only it wasn't a McDonald's--it looked more like a Starbucks. (It's a weird setting b/c I haven't eaten McDonald's in years!)

Anyway, I noticed Narc sitting across the room with some girl that he is "now seeing." They were watching some kind of video on his laptop. It was some kind of sex-tape that the two of them had made the night before. The camera was panning around his bedroom. We could see the computer and overhear the sounds of the tape. They weren't actually having sex yet on the tape, but were just talking. Narc was telling her something about me. He said that he felt really bad for me and was telling her that I was pathetic and that he hoped that I could get my life together.

I didn't want them to see me there, so I made B angle himself to have a better view. Narc wouldn't notice him because they've never met. I was reading War & Peace and was trying to lift the book up to block my face. At some point they got up to leave, and walked past us but didn't see us.

Shortly after, B and I got up to leave. When we walked outside, it was hot and sunny. In fact, the street looked just like where the "Von Dutch" store is in South Beach. Anyway, B and I had to part ways. He walked in one direction and I walked in the other.

As I started walking, I saw Narc and his new girl coming towards me. The girl he was with looked like some kind of model/artist type. She was wearing a beret. Narc looked really different too. He looked like he lost a lot of weight and had shaved off his beard. I bowed my head so that they wouldn't see me, but he and I made eye contact anyway, because I couldn't help but look up. He sort of smiled at me uncomfortably. When our eyes locked, my stomach flipped over and my heart started pounding. (I still feel it now.)

Anyway, as they kept on walking, I watched them go. I kept walking too (in the opposite direction from them), but I was walking backwards, so that I could still have a view of them. He stopped and said something to her that I couldn't hear. Then he turned and ran back to meet me.

"How have you been?" I asked.

"Good, but I've missed you," he said. He put his arm around me and started pulling me forward (in the same direction B had gone when we left the restaurant).

"I don't understand. I thought we were done," I said.

"Well, I have a few hours to see you now. She won't be home until after her meeting with friends. I have about four hours and I can fit you in. I want to see you."

We were walking pretty fast. He was kind of pulling me.

"I don' t know," I said. I could feel the pain welling up in my chest. "I just don't know if I should."

"You should."

I kind of pulled away from him and he pushed me down onto the ground, right there on the sidewalk and got on top of me. The sidewalk was hot from the sun and I was struggling underneath him, but he started to pull my clothes off. I saw B up ahead. He was with Bro-in-Law.

"B! B!" I cried out. "Come help me!"

The two of them came running back and shouted for him to get off of me. B started punching Narc in the neck. Narc was still mauling me, but turned around to glare at B and his eyes were glowing like a wolf's or something...

I got really concerned that Narc was going to hurt B.

"It's okay," I kept crying. "I'm fine. Just go on, I don't want him to hurt you!"

B wouldn't listen, and kept hitting Narc, but it didn't seem to be having any impact and I knew that Narc was about to twist his arm off. Bro-in-Law just stood there looking concerned.

I don't remember anything else. I think I woke up at that point. But I've had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach all afternoon.

-h

No comments: