Friday, February 18, 2005

Golden Brando Moments (I've seen hoodlums like this before. If you don't get tough with them the minute they get out of line you're sunk.)


What are you rebelling against? Whad'ya Got?

Johnny and Kathie in the Diner:
Kathie: Where are you going when you leave here? Don't you know?
Johnny: (scoffing) Oh man, we just gonna go.
Kathie: Just trying to make conversation. It means nothing to me.
Johnny: Well, on the weekends, we go out and have a ball.
Kathie: And what do you do? I mean, do you just ride around? Or do you go on some sort of a picnic or something?
Johnny: A picnic? Man, you are too square. I'll have to straighten you out. Now, listen, you don't go any one special place. That's cornball style. You just go. (He snaps his fingers). A bunch gets together after all week it builds up, you just...the idea is to have a ball. Now if you gonna stay cool, you got to wail. You got to put somethin' down. You got to make some jive. Don't you know what I'm talkin' about?

Johnny Meets up with Britches, a Former "One Night Stand":
Britches: We really got ourselves hung on the Christmas tree, didn't we? Boy, was I green. Was I really green! I thought I was really livin' it up. I had me a guy and we were really gonna go. But we had a lot of yaks, anyway, didn't we, Johnny? Well say it, can't ya say something? Please, Johnny, I won't get on your back. I wouldn't do that. But we had a lot of yaks, anyway, didn't we?
Johnny: (coldly) What do you want me to do, send you some flowers?

Kathie's Strange Reaction to Johnny's Date-Rape Attempt:
Kathie: I'm sorry. I-I can't fight back. Too tired. It would be better, wouldn't it? Then you could hit me.
Johnny: (berating her attitude toward him) You think you're too good for me. Nobody's too good for me. Anybody thinks they're too good for me, I make sure I knock 'em over sometime. Right now, I can slap you around to show you how good you are. And tomorrow, I'm someplace else and I don't even know you or nothing.
Kathie: Do you want to?
Johnny: I wouldn't waste my time with a square like you. What do I want to knock myself out for? I'm gonna take you back and dump you. Come on, where're you going?
Kathie: (desiring him, she softly replies) Johnny. (She gently touches his arm.)
Johnny: Quit that.
Kathie: It's crazy, isn't it? You're afraid of me. I don't know why, but I'm not afraid of you now. You're afraid of me.
Johnny: (disbelieving) I'm afraid of you? Are you cracked? Come on, get on.
Kathie: (walking closer toward him) I wanted to touch you. I wanted to try anyway.
Johnny: Try what?
Kathie: I don't know. I wanted to make it the way I always thought it would be sometime - with somebody. The way I always thought it might be. You're still fighting, aren't you? You're always fighting. Why do you hate everybody?

And Finally, Talk About a Euphemism!
Kathie: (As she caresses Johnny's "bike,") I've never ridden on a motorcycle before. It's fast, it scared me, but I forgot everything. It felt good. Is that what you do?

2 comments:

feitclub said...

I hate to admit it, but I don't know which movie these quotes are from. I've seen the picture, I've heard some of them before, but what's the title again?

Hyde said...

They're from "The Wild One" (1953), the movie I watched with Bezukhoff last night. The photo's from the same movie. Brando rocks!