Friday, February 25, 2005

Anxious on Narc

One more thing--

First of all, I managed to make plans for the evening without Narc. Who the fuck needs him? Hammer is coming over with some DVD's for a "girl's night in." But, before I pretend I couldn't care less about Narc all together, I wanted to tell you guys--I asked Anxious what she thought of him (based on the Sunday we spent together), and here's what she said. I think it's strange...

(this is an excerpt from an e-mail)

"When I made plans with you, I had no idea I'd spend the whole time with Narc too, but it turned out to be quite entertaining and enlightening. Well. Impressions...You want honesty? (I am nervous about being too honest these days, but here goes.) He is extremely bright and knows it. He is a classic, stereotypical rich kid -- profligate, eccentric, self-absorbed and incidentally destructive, both of himself and those around him. And fun to be around, the way people who have no real worries are always fun to be around. My instinct says he is not trustworthy and not reliable (so does yours -- after all, you didn't want him alone in your house), but also not the slightest bit malicious. He is, however, honest -- that above everything else. He is not deceptive. He is really fond of you, but not up for a serious relationship at this moment, and he is honest about that too. He's extremely perceptive about people. He's also very sexy -- at least I think so, and obviously you do too. I can completely see the attraction. That said, I would use condoms. I can see why you call him the Narcissist, but at the same time, I liked him a whole lot more than I expected to, given the picture you'd painted of him. (I think, in my reckless and un-self-censoring state of mind that night, I made that quite clear to him, too! He had the graciousness not to take offense, for which I give him credit.)"

It annoys me that she said he's so "honest" and "undeceptive." She hasn't been there for the ten dozen times he's told me that he "loves me" and "adores me." Ughhh...

Anyway, I hope you don't all think I'm incredibly shallow for obsessing about Narc again, but it helps to keep my mind off my brother. Since I can't get back to the hospital until tomorrow morning, thinking about him too much from here is just driving me mad.

Anyway, I may not be able to blog this weekend since I'll be at my parents' house, but I'll update as soon as I can...

-Hyde

1 comment:

Flash said...

Just to let you know my thoughts are still with you & your brother.